Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert Dix, Actor in 'Forbidden Planet' and 'Forty Guns,' Dies at 83

yanceycravat

My buddy Robert Dix passed away on August 7th.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robert-dix-dead-forbidden-planet-forty-guns-actor-son-richard-dix-dies-at-83-1132829

I initially met Bob through my interest in his father Richard Dix. We became friendly and I often attended movie nights when he was married to Mary Ellen and lived in Chatsworth.  Bob had a lot of wives. When I first met Bob it seemed to me every time I saw him there was another wife with him. Either a previous one or a current one! He moved to Arizona after his divorce from Mary Ellen a few years back. And as happens we lost touch. He was a great guy and sure led an interesting life.  I urge you to read his book. It offers an interesting glimpse into what it's like to be the child of a movie star.  I hope there's lots of chicken, Bob!

cover5_lg.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/15/2018 at 9:57 AM, yanceycravat said:

My buddy Robert Dix passed away on August 7th.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robert-dix-dead-forbidden-planet-forty-guns-actor-son-richard-dix-dies-at-83-1132829

I initially met Bob through my interest in his father Richard Dix. We became friendly and I often attended movie nights when he was married to Mary Ellen and lived in Chatsworth.  Bob had a lot of wives. When I first met Bob it seemed to me every time I saw him there was another wife with him. Either a previous one or a current one! He moved to Arizona after his divorce from Mary Ellen a few years back. And as happens we lost touch. He was a great guy and sure led an interesting life.  I urge you to read his book. It offers an interesting glimpse into what it's like to be the child of a movie star.  I hope there's lots of chicken, Bob!

cover5_lg.jpg

How interesting that you met and had a connection, Yancey. Thanks for this information. I always loved Richard Dix and enjoyed reading this about his son.

5 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

How interesting that you met and had a connection, Yancey. Thanks for this information. I always loved Richard Dix and enjoyed reading this about his son.

I once asked Bob if he thought his dad would have done TV had he lived and he didn't hesitate to say he would have. I opined that he would have made a good Doc on Gunsmoke or some other western being shot at the time.

Robert also told me what his father said regarding his Oscar nomination for playing Yancey Cravat in Cimarron, "I rode the crest of that wave for fifteen years." I thought that was a fascinating admission.

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings