Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gregory Peck's grandson is the new Spock

LawrenceA

2 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What type of push back will the producers get for discarding the gay Spock?

Like with the Scarlett Johannson nonsense,  I can see complaints that an actor wasn't hire that has the same 'background' as Spock!

As far as I know, Zachary Quinto will continue to play Spock in the movies, just not in this TV show. However, the future of the current movie franchise is in question, as the current Captain Kirk, Chris Pine, has just walked away from the film series after his salary demands were not met. That, plus the death of Anton Yelchin, who played Chekov, may result in a complete recasting for the next movie.

2 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

As far as I know, Zachary Quinto will continue to play Spock in the movies, just not in this TV show. However, the future of the current movie franchise is in question, as the current Captain Kirk, Chris Pine, has just walked away from the film series after his salary demands were not met. That, plus the death of Anton Yelchin, who played Chekov, may result in a complete recasting for the next movie.

I liked the cast of the current movie franchise, especially Quinto as Spock (he is a fine actor that has done other good work).

While I was clearly being a wiseguy Spock is an asexual being and so if there was some push-back it really wouldn't surprise me.   

47 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

While I was clearly being a wiseguy Spock is an asexual being and so if there was some push-back it really wouldn't surprise me.   

Pretty much even the most basic Trek fan knows that Spock once had the very violent hots for T'Pring, back when he was feeling his Vulcan-ritual oats.

8b331ebe49ce97babbc2c88b393dbda4c287a6ab

Can't say I blame him, but she just as asexually turned out to be a politically manipulative schemer.  As he told the better Vulcan man who won, "You may often find that having a thing is not as pleasing after all as wanting it...It is not logical, but true."

2 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

lettem ask shatner, the schtootzes.

:D

Now, now... a name is just a name. It's not like it influences who you are, right?

tumblr_p2r7msAK6d1weu8iyo1_r1_500.gif

Just to stay vaguely on topic, I wish that things like All Access didn't exist, as the last thing it offers is access to all... ;)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I liked the cast of the current movie franchise, especially Quinto as Spock (he is a fine actor that has done other good work).

Actually in the new movies Quinto's Spock was having a hush-hush sexual relationship with Zoe Saldana's Uhura.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

It could have been Bushel N. Peck which is worse.

LOL

Boy, I sure hope Doris Day never sees THIS one, CG!

(...but then again, I DO hear Doris likes a good pun now and then)

18 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

I dunno, Darg. She was on the verge of signing with Virgin Records and then thought better of it, for her remake of "Sentimental Journey" with the new Les Brown Orchestra. Wouldn't it have been great if she recorded it with Dennis Day?

AH! This reminds me here, CG.

Do you know if there's any truth to the rumor that says Truffaut was inspired to title one of his more memorable films after hearing Doris' cover of "Midnight Train to Georgia"?  (WHOOO WHOOO...had to throw that in here, ya know)

Uh-huh, you remember. The movie...wait for it...Day for Knight.

He'd drop the "K" in it, of course.

(...we better stop this right now, huh)

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:46 PM, LawrenceA said:

Ethan Peck, grandson of Gregory Peck, has been cast as Spock in the second season of the CBS All Access series Star Trek: Discovery.

ethan-peck-is-spock-in-star-trek-discove

http://www.darkhorizons.com/ethan-peck-is-spock-in-star-trek-discovery/

Meh. 

LawrenceA, back wh I was somewhat close to remaining members of THE GREAT: SPENCER TRACY-=(l900-l967) AS I';VE OFTEN WORRIED ALL SPLIT UP WITH HIS SON, SADLY & PROFOUNDLY DEAF & I ACUALLY HEARD HIM IN THE HOUSE-(Acton, CALIF>) moaning & this was the kicker GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER & that song THATS THE STORY OF LIFE WAS ON A BEGINNING OF THE THEN COBNTROVERSIAL FILM.  HE WENT A COUPLE WEKS LATER AT AGE 84. (NOTE: Grandson JOE TRACY ruined *TRACY getting his U.S. Postal Star too!?)

But I saw where BOGEY'S SON IS DOING VERY WELL & WELCOMES ALL ABOUT HIS LEGENDARY FACTOR-(AFI's ranking as all-time male movie poll in June of 1999 & as far as offspring of their legendary dad's 7 mothers saw a couple yks back that *THE KING OF HOLLYWOOD'S son William GABLE in deep into heroine & other narcotics   LET ME KNOW IF YOU SAW/HEARD IUT-I used about 9hrs per day on talk radio)

& AGAIN TO ALL PLEASE SUBMIT SOMETHING ABOUT WILLIAM GABLE'S HUGE HEROINE ADDICTION??? & AS I PREVIOUSLY WROTE, *BOGEY'S SON  (STEPHEN BIOGART) IS LLOKING MORE & MORE LIKE HIS OLD MAN BY THE DAY. EVEN CAUGFHT HIM ON SOME OBSCURE PROGRAM MONTHS BACK DOING A LG BOAT TRIP & WITH *HUMPHREY'SSTILL LEGENDS OF HIS FAN FISHING & EVEN MORE COOL, HE STANDS ON HIS DAD'S (232 Mapleton drive in Holmby Hills CALIF) & ALMOST RIGHT BEHIND HIS FINAL HOUSE, THE PLAYBOY MANSIOPN IS THERE-(got to kinda' visit but from outside in Nov. 99)  LIFE IS FILLED WITH (RONY) & Ironically Hef's idol was indeed *BOGART!

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, Det Jim McLeod said:

Image result for john wayne as ethan edwards photos

THE NOW LENDARY SCENE WHERE *"THE DUKE" AKA:BIG SHOULDERS, heard a woman speaking Comanche

& *Ford's all-time fav. western was this, *JW's & others. NOT 1 SINGLE *AMPAS shot that year, but Buddy Holly-(l936-59) at constantlyusing that PHRASH  ("THAT I'LL BE THE DAY" unquote)

& an added bonus fr me NATALIE!!!

3 hours ago, Dargo said:

LOL

Boy, I sure hope Doris Day never sees THIS one, CG!

(...but then again, I DO hear Doris likes a good pun now and then)

DARGO, not trying to make fun, to each his or her their course. THERE ARE ONLY ABOUT 10 OTHERS THATWOULD WITHOUT PAIUSE CITE *"THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD: FRANCIS (Albert) SINATRA (l9l5-98) As my close runner-up HERO, IDOL:, the works  Thgough no fan of *SINATRA when he first got to HOLLYWOOD & weighed in at approx. 125lbs & was 5'8 & 1/2, it';s not his height, but just too skinny. Wasn' around exactly after his s. actor *Oscar as Maggio in the 8 time sweeper *FROM HERE TO ETERNITY-(*Harry Cohn& Columbia  AKA: Poverty Row, Germ of the Ocean,metc) You were punished by having to work there-(LOOK UP *GABLE & HAVING TO DO*IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT?>

But, please reply about Miss Day? (TRIVIA & PLEASE NO LOOKING IT UP ON THE PHONE,etc What was Day's sole shot at an actor & her fans were upin aems when she did not make the best actress race for 1955's LOVE ME OIR KEAVE MNE (MGM) ***1/2)  MAN, *CAGNEY WAS UTTERLY DINAMIC & ATRE STORY  House still standing on Tinsel-Town area

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings