Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jake's off topic music thread...

JakeHolman

You got me. I've never heard of Bubble Puppy. I thought I was fairly familiar with music from the 50s-70s.

That's ok. Most folks don't remember them. They had one top 20 hit Hot Smoke and Sassafras. But to this day, they do have a following in the state of Texas and do live performances. I like some of their music.

Take care.

I had to look Wishbone Ash up. The song was vaguely familiar. They reminded me slightly of some of Uriah Heep songs. Melody Maker magazine said they were the most interesting guitarists since The Yardbirds -Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page. Thanks for introducing me to these bands because I was impressed with myself because I knew who Captain Beefheart was. Well only Hardworking Man.

Have a great weekend. It's going to rain here but at least it's not snow. If you go fishing-good luck!

I had to look Wishbone Ash up. The song was vaguely familiar. They reminded me slightly of some of Uriah Heep songs. Melody Maker magazine said they were the most interesting guitarists since The Yardbirds -Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page. Thanks for introducing me to these bands because I was impressed with myself because I knew who Captain Beefheart was. Well only Hardworking Man.

Have a great weekend. It's going to rain here but at least it's not snow. If you go fishing-good luck!

Glad you like WBA. I got hooked on them a long time ago when there were FM radio stations playing them and others that you would not get from other sources. Sadly, those days are long gone when you had a knowledgeable DJ. Captain Beefheart? Yep, I'll be throwing a spinner bait tomorrow for the Largemouth Bass. Temps in the mid 70's. Take care.

I have the album Toulouse Street. I still play my records, although they are hard to find anymore, or people want an arm and a leg for them. Whenever I hear The Doobie Brothers I think of the movie Romancing the Stone when Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner are in the crashed plane and he finds an old Rolling Stone magazine and says "The Doobie Brothers broke up! When did that happen?"

Oh, Capt'n Beefheart's song Hardworking Man was featured in the beginning of the movie A Civil Action. I guess it's more of a blues/avant-guarde. He worked with Frank Zappa sometimes.

I have the album Toulouse Street. I still play my records, although they are hard to find anymore, or people want an arm and a leg for them. Whenever I hear The Doobie Brothers I think of the movie Romancing the Stone when Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner are in the crashed plane and he finds an old Rolling Stone magazine and says "The Doobie Brothers broke up! When did that happen?"

Oh, Capt'n Beefheart's song Hardworking Man was featured in the beginning of the movie A Civil Action. I guess it's more of a blues/avant-guarde. He worked with Frank Zappa sometimes.

Toulouse St is a classic, classic.  I lived in New Orleans for many years and The Doobie Brothers were really liked in that city.

One of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs! I have so many though, ranging from harder rock ie: Communication Breakdown to softer: Hey, Hey What Can I Do, Thank You. I even like Hot Dog. My all time, if I had to pick one is Misty Mountain Hop. There isn't much I don't like by them.

I love classic movies but I think I love music more. To some people its just background noise.

What was the name of the second song, Jake? Sounds vaguely familiar. I've never heard the intro into Ride the Seesaw either and I have that album. I have quite a few of their albums. They were a great band and their music not always understood.

First day of spring and we got around 4" of snow. It won't last. Rain tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend.

• Like 1