Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jake's off topic music thread...

JakeHolman

I haven't heard that song in a while. I have that album and didn't recognize the song. Glad you shared it. Yes was another great band.

Steve Howe could sit down and play with the greatest guitarists and keep up with all of them if not surpassing them.

Nice song. I never heard it before. Their sound was so different and I always like their album art. It is a shame radio stations don't play deeper cuts of music. They used to, or at least had time warp hours. Something. Have a great weekend.

In my neck of the woods, we're down to one classic rock station and it only goes back to the Seventies. We lost our other station that went all the way to the Fifties and has been replaced by a rap theme.

Them the times we live in.

In my neck of the woods, we're down to one classic rock station and it only goes back to the Seventies. We lost our other station that went all the way to the Fifties and has been replaced by a rap theme.

Them the times we live in.

We have two classic rock stations and two "oldies." What classifies for oldies now goes into the 80's-which makes me feel old. Our stations play mainly 60's and 70's. Even some 50's. On Sunday evenings a countdown of a date in history.

Midnight Hour is a good song. I have their Eat a Peach album. I always get the brothers mixed up. Duane is the one that died. I think.

We have no rap stations. Glad for my classic rock and oldies.

I'm ashamed to say I don't know this one. I only know three of their songs. I did see them in concert back in the 80's and I can't remember it. Back then I thought they were country. Young and dumb I was. Hope you had a nice Easter.

Don't be. There's so much great music very few can claim a grasp on it all. I know I can't. The sixties and seventies produced music that will never be replicated.
  • Like 1

Davy Jones and his wife had a house about 30 miles from me in a very little town called Beavertown. He blended right in and many people I know met him. Just a regular guy. The last I knew, his wife put their home up for sale. If I remember correctly, before he died he was in the process of redoing the town library over. His death was such a shock to the community.

As always, the music lives on. I am so glad for that. I'm sure i am not the only one that music brings happiness to.

Davy Jones and his wife had a house about 30 miles from me in a very little town called Beavertown. He blended right in and many people I know met him. Just a regular guy. The last I knew, his wife put their home up for sale. If I remember correctly, before he died he was in the process of redoing the town library over. His death was such a shock to the community.

As always, the music lives on. I am so glad for that. I'm sure i am not the only one that music brings happiness to.

I really liked and like the Monkees. I unabashedly am one of those who thinks they should be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Sad about Davey. A young man for this day and age. Was sorry to see him go so early. And from what you tell me, he was a genuine human being. Take care, Jake.

Valleri is my favorite Monkees song. Definitely agree with you, they should have been inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame. It would have been nice to do before he died.

I was incorrect about redoing the library. He bought a lovely old church and was in the process of turning it into a museum and for performing arts. He also had rescued 15 former racehorses. He kept a few of them in Beavertown. That just makes me like him all the more. His property is being sold to fund an equine memorial foundation his daughters founded-in his name. It will care for his 15 horses and provide equine therapy for special-needs and at-risk communities. I imagine he would be glad.