Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jake's off topic music thread...

You got me on those two. I guess I don't know as many Styx songs as I thought.

I definitely never hear those on the radio here.

That's understandable. Take a quick look at STYX and you will find they put out a ton of music in the seventies & eighties. They are another band that is stereotyped as a big arena band with little talent. Not so. They have a solid fan base in this country and other parts of the world. I'm not their biggest fan but some very good music, some of it maybe great, they did produce. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame does not even consider them for induction into the Hall. Take care.
  • Like 1

Remember the real MTV...
I sure do remember the real MTV. It was one of the best things on TV and I was at the perfect age to love it. Video Killed the Radio Star. I watched it throughout the 80's. It was great to actually see so many groups whenever you felt like it. Now it's just idiotic, nor have I watched it in years. It's a little sad to see channels change. Obviously kids today have numerous other choices and many prefer "reality" shows. Hope that soon runs its course. I went off track there.
  • Like 1

I sure do remember the real MTV. It was one of the best things on TV and I was at the perfect age to love it. Video Killed the Radio Star. I watched it throughout the 80's. It was great to actually see so many groups whenever you felt like it. Now it's just idiotic, nor have I watched it in years. It's a little sad to see channels change. Obviously kids today have numerous other choices and many prefer "reality" shows. Hope that soon runs its course. I went off track there.

I really liked the 80's...some of my best times...