Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jake's off topic music thread...

I loved his A Little Touch of Schmillson in the Night album. I think he was the one who returned the standards to the Pop music business. Thanks Harry.

But I will play a man whom some call the last original Pop/Standards performer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6TZ9BEkDZA

I'm not saying this to start any arguments, or even discussion, but rock music took over the popular genre after this guy's introduction to the business.

I _loved_ that album too, CB lover. It's so lush. His is the only other version of Over the Rainbow I can bear besides Judy's. I think I know that whole album by heart, I really like how he fades from one song right into another, it's all one orchestral piece.

You hit on another favorite - Beyond the Sea is my favorite Bobby Darin song....

Wendy:

Nilsson came up in a conversation the other night. "Remember" is one of my favorites of his and the vocal range he shows there is wonderful.

"Without You" I think was written by Pete Ham from "Badfinger."

"Jump Into The Fire" was a wild song and one called "Spaceman" was a favorite which few below a certain age would know.

Nice selections.

movieman,

I would have posted Jump into the fire or spaceman for contrast, but I couldn't post all of them! So I posted my very favorites. Although I love the theme from Courtship of Eddie's Father too..... :)

It's funny because I think we started the seventies with Badfinger, another favorite group.... so Without You is very fitting. Nilsson wrote "One" which Three Dog Night recorded.

There is a BBC special he did that is a scream, with silly seventies trick photography and stuff, there are bits and pieces on youtube.