Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JakeHolman

Jake's off topic music thread...

I do like it...thanks for posting the vintage clip...

Paul Revere and The Raiders sing a classic: Kicks...

Here's another one of my favorites, Dusty Springfield, doing "Stay Awhile":

No British lady had more soul than Dusty...and I doubt very many on this side of the Atlantic did, either. (Ever heard her version of "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself"? She was a wonderful Bacharach-David interpreter.)

From the Beatles' Revolver album: Taxman...

Emmylou Harris belts out some Cajun music: Jambalaya...

Beautiful Jake! I love Emmylou!

I went to see her a few years back, and she was fantastic. Unfortunately, her big black guitar was so shiny that it caught the light and blinded everyone every once in a while... luckily she traded it halfway through the show for a nice sedate blue electric one that didn't reflect the bright lights.

I think Sam Bush was backing her up that night. I'll never forget it. She just gets more beautiful every time I see her.

Jake, this weekend I went to a music festival with a line-up of some super bands. Do you mind if I mention one band? *Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings* were the best that we saw. They tore it down! And that woman has the most energy of anyone I have ever seen. If you EVER get a chance to see them LIVE... GO... they are best LIVE and video or cd's cannot capture how much fun they are. Sharon can dance like crazy and then belt out a bluesy number without missing a beat. They played at full tilt, played their hearts out, and if there hadn't been another band after them I am quite sure they would have continued playing past their denoted time. They were wonderful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qpaUyMw8KE&feature=related

>Do you mind if I mention one band? Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings were the best that we saw.

Never, ever, again, ask me to post what you want here on this thread...go for it. Go for it...

See where we have *we* have come from? From the 50's thru the 60's and forward with a long way to go...

I am no Gatekeeper and I hate conformity...creativity rules...

Btw, Emmylou is one of a kind and I have always *loved* her music...

>How come nobody EVER plays these guys on the radio anymore?

Well, JF every now and then, you can hear 'em down here in Texas on the classic channels and some of the down and dirty bars, too...

Btw, thanks for the clips and I like Bad Company....

Forty plus years of music and they only play three or four songs from the Moody Blues. One they never play (among many others) is -

>Forty plus years of music and they only play three or four songs from the Moody Blues. One they never play (among many others) is -

So true...

And another disgrace is that this great band is not in the R&R Hall of Fame...

What a Joke...they are not...