Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question for TCM Programmer

Very lucky indeed! I would love to pursue a career relating to classic films. I'm still young (24) so hopefully I can work my way into the small workforce that is involved in the classics - and I would LOVE to work at TCM in ANY capacity.

tcmprogrammer - you guys should really start some sort of apprentice program so people like myself can have an opportunity to work in a field that we love, and help to carry on the classics to future generations. If I were to apply at TCM today, for say a job in the programming department, what kind of qualifications would you guys look for?

there isn't anything specific we look for beyond passion for classic films plus the usual attributes any company would want (smart, hard working, creative, etc.)

it's tough - there are a lot of people who want to work here, and those that end up doing it are more lucky than anything (right place, right time)

having said that, the fact that you are all so passionate is a great beginning - gwtwbooklover, maybe we should have some sort of corporate link for careers; there must be such a site the company has, so I will see what there is and if we can link to it

I'm incredibly lucky, no question about it

• 1 month later...

TCM Programmer--

Does TCM offer internships to college students? I know many TV networks and also production companies do. It's not an apprenticeship, or a permanent position, but it would be a great opportunity for young people-and they would get college credit for it as well as some practical experience.

Internships normally run one semister for undergrads, and one academic year (9 months) for graduate students.

Leigh