Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sewhite2000

R.I.P. Aretha Franklin (1942-2018)

5 hours ago, Hibi said:

I read this earlier. WHY in the world didnt she make a will?? She knew she had cancer.........

I know, right? 

Now everyone is going to come out of the woodwork to try and get a piece of Aretha.  It looks like she has some debts that need to be re-paid, but I'm sure her estate is worth millions. 

9 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I know, right? 

Now everyone is going to come out of the woodwork to try and get a piece of Aretha.  It looks like she has some debts that need to be re-paid, but I'm sure her estate is worth millions. 

The last figure I read was $80 million.

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

The last figure I read was $80 million.

Yes,  but the overall point here is that by NOT having a will, millions will go to probate court and lawyers.  This is true even if everyone involved (relatives, business associates,  companies that main own partial rights etc..),  agree on how to settle the estate.    IF there are disputes between the parties (and most of the time there are),  that 80 million will be eaten up rather quickly. 

That is a sad thing for those closes to her,  and the probate process will only will cause them more pain.    

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

Aretha Franklin's family has announced 19 performers, including Faith Hill, Chaka Khan and Jennifer Hudson for the Queen of Soul's Aug. 31 funeral.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/08/23/stevie-wonder-jennifer-hudson-faith-hill-perform-aretha-franklin-funeral/1076748002/

9UEj65pl?format=jpg&name=600x314

Where is Madonna?   

14 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Where is Madonna?   

I think Aretha Franklin's family is planning to have artists perform at her funeral who, because of their artistic genius , deserve to  have the honor of participating in the funeral of the Queen of Soul.

Stevie Wonder would be a good example of the kind of artist they're looking for, who also was a close personal friend of Ms. Franklin's.

Also participating will be Shirley Caesar, one of the greatest gospel singers of our time.