Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Belated Oscars for the Uncredited

CaveGirl

Sometimes in a dish, the addition of one tiny ingredient can make it spectacular. A small bit of anchovy sauce can make all the difference.

So it is, with some small yet impressive, uncredited performances in films. Why should they be ignored when awards are bestowed. With that in mind, I would like to present my first honorary Oscar to Al Breneman who played the bellhop in "Some Like It Hot". Now sure, I guess the film would easily survive as a classic without him in it, but he really was so amusing and just added to the great mix, with his bowtie snapping bit and attraction to Tony Curtis as Josephine. Now I've often hoped I'd see him in something else, but based on the IMDB he was only in a few more things, like "Restless Gun", "The Loretta Young Show", "Mackensie's Raiders" and "My Three Sons" but hope springs eternal that someday, someway I may get to enjoy seeing him again since up to now those shows have not shown up in my world, though I shall go to Youtube now and look to make sure.

Born in 1940, apparently he is still alive and I hope doing well. I think he totally deserves an award for that performance and it is criminal that he was uncredited!

Name your nominee and winner for a Belated Oscar for a part for which the person was Uncredited. The unwept, unhonored and unsung will thank you for your kindness!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings