Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Noirs & Gangster movies coming up on FMC

VICKI isn't bad at all, even if you're familiar with the original, I WAKE UP SCREAMING. Richard Boone is quite acceptable in the Laird Cregar role and Aaron Spelling is good enough in the Elisha Cook part that one wishes he stayed with acting rather than going into production.No doubt, with that puss he would have been typecast however.

The big problem is Elliott Reid in the Victor Mature role. Boone calls him "pretty boy" but he doesn't even have that much going for him and certainly not Mature's virility.

Don't forget these good noirs on Wednesday:

*_WEDNESDAY, SEPT 30_*

*Fallen Angel* (1945) 10am ET

A small town is shocked by the murder of a waitress (Linda Darnell), and the prime suspect is the gold-digging press agent (Dana Andrews) of a high society heiress (Alice Faye). 1940's Otto Preminger film noir gem.

Cast: Alice Faye, Dana Andrews, Charles Bickford, John Carradine, Linda Darnell, David Raksin. Director: Otto Preminger

*Somewhere in the Night* (1946) 12pm ET

An amnesiac (Hodiak) returns from WWII trying to discover his lost identity and learns that he may be a murderer.

Cast: John Hodiak, Richard Conte, Nancy Guild, Lloyd Nolan. Director: Joseph L. Mankiewicz

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> All right already with FALLEN ANGEL. When is the next time FMC is airing WHERE THE SIDEWALK ENDS?

I'm going to try to look into that, but it may not be a quick thing. The FMC website is great for looking up the day's schedule and maybe a few days ahead.

But if you're trying to use the search function to figure out if a movie is coming up, well, it doesn't seem to work for some reason.

> {quote:title=markbeckuaf wrote:}{quote}

> I DVR'd SOMEWHERE IN THE NIGHT thanks to your heads up, Holly, thank you!!!

> I plan to watch it this weekend! Groovy!

Did you get around to it? :D

Just thought I'd mention, someone mentioned in the other thread that the DVD of it is supposed to have a _very_ good audio commentary.

*_WEDNESDAY, OCT. 14_*

*Thieves' Highway* (1949) 10am ET

A tough drama about a war veteran turned truck driver out to avenge his father's mistreatment at the hands of a crooked fruit dealer in San Francisco.

Cast: Richard Conte, Valentina Cortese, Lee J. Cobb, Barbara Lawrence, Jack Oakie, Millard Mitchell. Director: Jules Dassin

• 2 weeks later...

Two great noirs on FMC today!

*_MONDAY, NOV. 2_*

*Nightmare Alley* (1947) 10:30am ET

Tyrone Power is excellent in a change-of-pace role as a carnival con man who masters a mind-reading act and teams up with an unethical psychiatrist to scam wealthy clients in this part-film noir, part-gothic thriller.

Cast: Tyrone Power, Joan Blondell, Coleen Gray, Helen Walker, Taylor Holmes, Mike Mazurki, Ian Keith, George Jessel. Director: Edmund Goulding

*Vicki* (1953) 12:30pm ET

When a woman is murdered, her sister (Crain) and the prime suspect (Reid) join forces to find the killer. Remake of "I Wake Up Screaming".

Cast: Jean Peters, Jeanne Crain, Richard Boone, Casey Adams, Elliot Reid. Director: Harry Horner

• 2 weeks later...

*_THURSDAY, NOV. 12_*

*Somewhere in the Night* (1946) 6am ET

An amnesiac (Hodiak) returns from WWII trying to discover his lost identity and learns that he may be a murderer.

Cast: John Hodiak, Richard Conte, Nancy Guild, Lloyd Nolan. Director: Joseph L. Mankiewicz

*Cry of the City* (1948) 8am ET

A New York police lieutenant (Victor Mature) walks a tightrope as he tracks tracks his former best friend, who is now a cop-killer.

Cast: Victor Mature, Richard Conte, Shelley Winters, Fred Clark, Tommy Cook. Director: Robert Siodmak

• 2 weeks later...

*_SUNDAY, NOV. 22_*

*Thieves' Highway* (1949) 6am ET

A tough drama about a war veteran turned truck driver out to avenge his father's mistreatment at the hands of a crooked fruit dealer in San Francisco.

Cast: Richard Conte, Valentina Cortese, Lee J. Cobb, Barbara Lawrence, Jack Oakie, Millard Mitchell. Director: Jules Dassin

*Murder, Inc.* (1960) 8am ET

A true account of the infamous gangster organization of the 1930s and its number one hit man (Falk).

Cast: May Britt, Peter Falk, Morey Amsterdam, Simon Oakland, Henry Morgan, Stuart Whitman, Vincent Gardenia, Burt Balaban, Sylvia Miles, Sarah Vaughan. Director: Stuart Rosenberg.

*Vicki* (1953) 10am ET

When a woman is murdered, her sister (Crain) and the prime suspect (Reid) join forces to find the killer. Remake of "I Wake Up Screaming".

Cast: Jean Peters, Jeanne Crain, Richard Boone, Casey Adams, Elliot Reid. Director: Harry Horner

Archived