Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
broadwaylo

Favorite Hitchcock film?...

I was wondering what everyone's favorite Hitchcock movie was. I'd have to say that for me, North by Northwest and Rear Window tie. Predictable, I know. :) How about everyone else?

I also like rear window and vertigo. Maybe I just like jimmy stewart or maybe him and hichcock just made a really good team.

Oh boy another one of those "do I like Child 1 better than Child 2!!!!" I would say, "North by Northwest followed (or neck and neck) with Psycho.

I love so much of Hitchcock's work, that the answer seems to change from year to year. I will go with 'Strangers on a Train.' Ask me again next year and it will probably be something else......

The 2 disc special edition of STRANGERS ON A TRAIN coming in September by WB is highly anticipated. WB always does a great job on these sets!

Thanks Edgecliffd, for the heads up on the STRANGERS ON A TRAIN dvd. The only copy I have of the film is one I taped from TCM. I wasn't aware of the upcoming 2 disc set and will definitely check that out! Again, thanks!

hmm, that is good news.

gonna have to say it...NOTORIUS......always had a thing for Ingrid Bergman(stunning-ravishing woman, she was)......plus I think it's Cary Grant's best performance next to North By Northwest...

thats funny nick, I caught myself doing the same thing some time ago, but Hitchcock never gets old.

If I had to pick one I wouldn't

Eddie

Hey, give me a break, nickdimeo! I'm new to this forum! Besides, I wasn't "in doubt," I was just wondering! (Don't worry, I'm not really insulted-- I know you meant it in good fun. :))

moviegeek3000 - I have to agree with your choice. Notorious is my favorite Hitchcock film. I loved the plot and performances and especially Cary Grant. The ending (without giving it away if any of you haven't seen it) is very memorable.

Thought 4-certain I would see Mongo, ML & a few other(s) on this baby!? Anyway, I see 1946's superb Thriller "Notorious" (RKO) seems to be favorite of most that have voted/participated here. I gotta' submit a few critics-(a few are pen-pals, some not) L. Maltin-(1935's "39 Steps" is his fav. Hitch flick)/ Ebert-("Notorious") & I believe the sadly missed, by this co-OSCAR pundit & movie reviewer anyway, Gene Siskel also barely cited "Notorious"-(many, many, an article has been written about tracking shot of key to basement sequence!)

My own & I had chance to see my top 2 fav Hitchcock pictures in a Theatre as well>1958's trance-like:"Vertigo"-(also, arguably *B. Herrmann's finest score & Saul Bass' best artwork on it's credits!)

Close behind & more entertaining, but not as superb in some ways>1954's "Rear Window"-(my own personal pick as 1 of cinema's all-time greatest sexual close-up scenes>*Grace Kelly's debut scene in film, waking up a sleeping *Jimmy Stewart)>(WOW! What a shot)

For the record Alfred himself picked 1943's "Shadow of a Doubt" as his finest movie! Thank You

PSYCHO's a choice-choice too.......muhahahaha....I'll be seeing this one Thursday night at Screen on the Green at Piedmont Park.

Place is gonna be crawling with crazies that night!

This'll be my first time seeing Psycho on the big screen...and my time seeing it OUTSIDE nursing cold beers.

I actually made this post on the Looney Tunes thread too...you see...you see what I've become!!! hahahaha!!