Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
darkfall

The Leaque of Extraordinary Gentleman A bit of trivia

I was watching this movie and I noticed something on the walls in the room where they were discussing the mission. Behind one of the charactors there was a painting of a scarecrow and gentleman dressed in Revolutionary war era clothes. I guess these were other extraordinary gentlman from another time. Now I might be showing my age but there was a series type show that came on "The Wonderful World of Disney? The main charactor dressed as a scarecrow and helped to fight the British. Just wondering if anyone else saw this and came to the same conclusion? A bit of neat trivia. I don't know though why they did this in the film. Maybe someone's dad worked on the old show and it did work in with the premise of the movie and they anted to show homage to the old series.

darkfall

www.amazon.com/Dr-Syn-Scarecrow-Romney-Treasures/dp/B001DPHDCE - 223k

Here's a link that will provide more information about Dr. Syn, The Scarecrow Of Romney Marsh. It starred Patrick McGoohan and was really a remake of *Dr. Syn*, a 1937 movie that starred George Arliss. In the original film, Dr. Syn is supposed to be a former pirate name Captain Clegg. The first remake was called Captain Clegg in 1962 and starred Peter Cushing. IMDB does say that Dr. Syn was referenced in *The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen*. Do a little google search and you will find lots more.