Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SOME DAYS YOU JUST WANT TO SCREAM

Zea

Poor Lana’s really unhinged road trip in "The Bad & The Beautiful" brought to mind many other movie madness moments.  What other movie flip outs, bug outs & breakdowns come to your collective minds?

I couldn’t resist one more:

Ida Lupino in "They Drive By Night"

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zea said:

Poor Lana’s really unhinged road trip in "The Bad & The Beautiful" brought to mind many other movie madness moments.  What other movie flip outs, bug outs & breakdowns come to your collective minds?

I couldn’t resist one more:

Ida Lupino in "They Drive By Night"

Who can ever forget the wire hangers from "Mommy Dearest"? Everytime it's one I have to wait for that scene it so spooky! Watching it makes me scream every time...

And if that's not good enough there's always that movie "Screaming Mimi".

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:27 PM, CaveGirl said:

Who can ever forget the wire hangers from "Mommy Dearest"? Everytime it's one I have to wait for that scene it so spooky! Watching it makes me scream every time...

Crawford groupies really seem to hate that movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomJH said:

fay-wray-king-kong-1933.gif

Fay Wray's response to first seeing a larger, darker leading character than to be found in most films

Thanks for the picture. I wasn't sure who you were referring to, as I just watched Crime of Passion (1957), where Wray plays the wife of Raymond Burr.

4 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Thanks for the picture. I wasn't sure who you were referring to, as I just watched Crime of Passion (1957), where Wray plays the wife of Raymond Burr.

Raymond Burr may not have been pretty but some might thinks he beats out this guy

KongGif1a.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

• Like 1

Here's a couple of guys who would ultimately go insane by the end of the movie, but which was something that they pretty much brought upon themselves by at first feigning insanity as a means to some end:

Peter Breck in 1963's Shock Corridor...

peter-breck-as-reporter-johnny-barrett-s

And, Jeffrey Hunter in 1965's Brainstorm...

Brainstorm03.jpg

(...you'll have to excuse Jeff's lack of screaming here...he seems to be in more a catatonic state today)

44 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Here's a couple of guys who would ultimately go insane by the end of the movie, but which was something that they pretty much brought upon themselves by at first feigning insanity as a means to some end:

Peter Breck in 1963's Shock Corridor...

peter-breck-as-reporter-johnny-barrett-s

And, Jeffrey Hunter in 1965's Brainstorm...

Brainstorm03.jpg

(...you'll have to excuse Jeff's lack of screaming here...he seems to be in more a catatonic state today)

OMG! What a great Sam Fuller movie, "Shock Corridor" is with photography also by the fab, Stanley Cortez! That bit of getting accidentally incarcerated in an asylum, is so scary, even though in Fuller's film of course Breck knew what he was doing, but things went a bit awry. In something like "Sisters" with Jennifer Salt, one just hopes she gets out and I have a morbid fear of being committed and ending up with a lobotomy like Frances Farmer. I think I went off-topic and I hope no one is screaming at me for this transgression.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings