Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Dick Powell/Ruby Keeler titles on DVD from Warner Archives

Great news! Warner Home Video has just announced the release of 5 musicals with Dick Powell and/or Ruby Keeler as part of its made-to-order Warner Archives program:

The musicals are: Colleen, Flirtation Walk, Happiness Ahead, Ready, Willing and Able, Shipmates Forever.

Flirtation Walk and Shipmates Forever are great films. Really great ones, and part of that (besides the leads) is thanks to Ross Alexander. He's a wonderful comedian and it is so sad what happened to him.

I never saw Ready, Willing, and Able, but I'm thrilled to get to see it because of Ross.

And I never saw Happiness Ahead. Colleen is mediocre, but it is still fun and has some good music.

I have been reading some reviews on all of these musicals, and have come to the conclusion that all these B&W releases are far from great. Although I like Powell, I really am not a fan of Keeler. These are lower rung WB films. And although I love musicals, I will pass on this set even with my 25% off.

• 3 weeks later...