Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unknown films by well-known directors

TopBilled

I was looking over John Huston's filmography. There were several I'd never heard of before:

SINFUL DAVY (1969)
PHOBIA (1980)
VICTORY (1981)

Has anyone seen these? VICTORY was a big hit. Not sure if it's ever been on TCM. The idea of Huston directing Sylvester Stallone makes me curious to see it.

1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

I was looking over John Huston's filmography. There were several I'd never heard of before:

SINFUL DAVY (1969)
PHOBIA (1980)
VICTORY (1981)

Has anyone seen these? VICTORY was a big hit. Not sure if it's ever been on TCM. The idea of Huston directing Sylvester Stallone makes me curious to see it.

I've seen Phobia (terrible), and Victory. I've seen Victory many times, and I used to have a copy on VHS. I recall it being on HBO a lot in the early-to-mid 80's, too. I liked it back then, but I haven't seen it in many years, so I may not look upon it so kindly these days. The supporting cast is very interesting: Michael Caine, Max von Sydow, and soccer legend Pele, among others.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I've seen Phobia (terrible), and Victory. I've seen Victory many times, and I used to have a copy on VHS. I recall it being on HBO a lot in the early-to-mid 80's, too. I liked it back then, but I haven't seen it in many years, so I may not look upon it so kindly these days. The supporting cast is very interesting: Michael Caine, Max von Sydow, and soccer legend Pele, among others.

Yeah, I think it's interesting that Caine and Von Sydow would have worked with Stallone. Where Huston directed all three in the same film.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings