Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

bio info on my cable is gone & movie variety decreased

tigeroo

The bio info on stars is gone on my cable viewing. I called Comcast and they said the information is due to what the Network loads. The movie variety is so decreased and repeating so often. How I adore TCM. It's almost the only channel I watch. Only twice in my life have I broke down in sincere tears when a personality died and Robert Osborne was one. I guess I'm getting old but I want TCM to be more like it used to be with such an array of movies. I guess I should be thankful that I just have it. Life would be empty without it but why are the movies playing over and over and not covering such a variety of the greats?

I think we get to feeling like you mentioned partially because the cost of cable is so high now.

It's kind of like listening to a classic rock station; eventually you will get a little bored that they are just playing the same songs in a rotation, but the genre is, in fact, frozen in time.

I think the same applies with TCM's film showings. They do add new ones, but as you see more of the films, it's easy to want to see new ones.

It's important that we remember all the restoration that has gone into many of these films, and the fact that we get them uncut and without commercials during the film. I hope they never go the way of The International Film Channel, Bravo, AMC, etc.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings