Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FORBES Annual top 20 biggest moneymaking stars$$$

spence

(*-as always indicates an *OSCAR-(AMPAS) winner)    "FORBES" MAGAZINE & OF COURSE WEBSITE ONLY ABOUT 2 DAYS OR LESS RELEASED IT'

s ANNUAL LIST OF THE TOP $MONEYMAKING CELEBS$ TODASY & IN THIS SEMI-PATHETIC MOVIE ERA.

Below are firstly the ladies list for 2018-(NOTE: "Forbes" listed 20, but I narrowed them down to just the top 5)>

1st place Scarlett Johansson took in over $40.1 million over past year

2nd place *Angelina Jolie-(l975-) ($28m.)

3rd Jennifer Aniston (l969-) ($19.5m. in salary)

4th *Jennifer Lawrence-(l990-=) ($18 million)

& 5th place *Reese Witherspoon-(l975-) ($16.5m. salary)

VS. the current actors $salaries$

1st place Mark Whalberg-(l97l-) (made over $68 million in 1 year)

2. "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson-(l972-) ($62m.)

3rd & ridiculously too is Vin Diesel at ($???) (P.S. we went from the legendary likes of *"THE KING: GABLE, *TRACY, BOGIE, COOP,retc to this guy???

4th Adam Sandler-(l969-) ($50m. up front)

& 5th place according to "FORBES" again is Jackjie Chan-(l954-) ($350m./ net worth, not same as a salary though)

RUNNER-UP: Robert Downeyu, Jr. (l965-) ($180m. net worth only listed)

(TRIVIA: During the mid early 1930's *CAGNEY by Warner Bros & J.LO. Warner was the single highest pd star in HOLLYWOOD!)

& BY COMPARISON: The highest $salary$ *GABLE was ever paid was $750.000 for his grand finale & released posthumously 1961's THE MISFITS & *THE GREAT: SPENCER TRACY also earned his highest payday & also released posthumously for 1967's GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER" Somehow he got, but died just 17 days later of over $275.000

THANK YOU & SEND ANY COMMENTS PLEASE

HOOPS, it appears most TCM-ITES only really care about classic cinema & not 1 has even chimed-in as yet  Same as modern items I posted in the past  I by far adore HOLLYWOODS GOLDEN AGE-(circa 1925 to 1960-63) but also cover new releases, going on 37 years for 2018.  (COMPLAINT: & with each time nowadays going to a new release, we have tv commercials up the you know what  vs. what THE MOGULS intended  The DREAM FACTORIES would always have first a short subject, cartoon, trailers, travelogus, newsreels, etc  People & kids could actually also learn something before the features back then  Just 1 case in point, most people today really believe THE THREE STOOGES were filmed for tv?  A NEAT TRICK GIVEN THEY STARTED FOR COLUMBIA & WHATS DUBBED "MEANEST MAN IN TOWN"-(great book by James Bacon by the way) *HARRY COHN in 1934. I only went to approx. (4) summertime releases this year, fed-up with rehashes, super heroes, remakes & sequels-(P.S. Though remember this, almost every yr at least 1 makes it into the *Oscar race) Though early & almost a spring release B. PANTHER may make the BP cut? Also had-(due to NATALIE!) go to TCM's Summer Series & the 10 time sweeping 18961 *WEST SIDE STORY, saw JURASSIC WORLD 5 & JUST 3 DAYS BACKM WENT TO A LETDOWN IN "THE MEG" only film left for me is CHRISTOPHER ROBIN-(August)

But -please throw in your many cents on above titled topic Respect you guys & i9f anybody wants I;'ll add/revise above annual "FORBES" highest pd stars to No #10 0out of the usual #20   How the mighty have fallen, about a decade ago Cruise was at the top, among o9thers including M. McCarthy, *Sandy Bullock,etc???

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings