Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jacques Tourneur Day on 6/12

TCM dedicates its morning and afternoon schedule of June 12 to the great French-born director Jacques Tourneur, whose Out of the Past is generally regarded as one of the very best, if not the best, film noir ever made.

You can check the Thursday schedule here:

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.jsp?startDate=6/12/2009&timezone=EST&cid=N

In addition to Out of the Past, TCM will also be showing the great noir Nightfall, the wartime thriller Berlin Express, and some of Tourneur's horror/suspense films - also very good examples of that genre.

I do like Jacques Tourneur and his style of direction. Most of his films on his day have been shown several times on TCM. I wish I could see others like ?Experiment Perilous? with Hedy Lamarr and George Brent or ?Circle of Danger? with Ray Milland or even the ?The Flame and the Arrow? with Burt Lancaster and Virginia Mayo. The man directed 70 films mix it up a little. But that?s my option.

vallo

*I wish I could see others like ?Experiment Perilous? with Hedy Lamarr and George Brent or ?Circle of Danger? with Ray Milland or even the ?The Flame and the Arrow? with Burt Lancaster and Virginia Mayo. The man directed 70 films mix it up a little. But that?s my option.*

Of those, I've only seen The Flame and the Arrow, and I liked it a lot. I don't know much about the other 2, but I'd love to watch them if I ever get a chance.

Unbelievably talented man! Love the crime dramas. OUT OF THE PAST is the film noir textbook. His quiet, creepy suspense is so moody and chilling it makes me want to beg for mercy. I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE is almost peerless. Throw in a few westerns and spy adventures and you have, well...an unbelievably talented man!

• 2 weeks later...