Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you could go back in time...?

Oooh! I like that Raining Violets.

If I could go back in time...I'd love to be on the film shoot for "Son of Fury" when they came to the South Seas Island scenes. Tierney and Power were unbelievably gor-- uh...wait a minute.

Is that FrankGrimes, Ollie, Molo, Fred, SCSU is that you on the set of "The Seven Year Itch" standing near that subway grating??? Hey!!!!

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> Is that FrankGrimes, Ollie, Molo, Fred, SCSU is that you on the set of "The Seven Year Itch" standing near that subway grating??? Hey!!!!

No, we were all standing underneath the grating. Boyz will be boyz.

Yes I did. I read Frances Farmer's biography. Whew!!! Saddest story I've ever read.

What's that saying about whom the gods make mad? :-(

Message was edited by CineMaven becuz Google has all the answers: ?Whom The Gods Would Destroy, They First Make Mad." Sad.

Actually, I'd hate to be anywhere near THE LETTER set with CM around. I keep seeing some 'pal o' mine' volunteering ME to show a certain actor how to take about 6 bullets! Gee... thanks... "I always wanted to be in pictures-!" Famous last words. ha ha...

As for steel grates, yeah, I'd gander but not too long - MM was never a preference. The Tall & Slenders, however, don't need grates.

Who's your preference Ollie? Who (or what) are the Tall & Slenders, if I may ask? If you could go back in time to be present for the filming of any single scene in film history which scene and why?

And pay no attention to that Maven with the pistol in her hands. Hey, anyone see my lace??

So many possibilities, but the one coming to mind right now is the "contenda" scene in back of the taxicab in On the Waterfront. Just to witness in person the brilliance of the acting, writing, and cinematography. Also the balcony scene in Now Voyager with Bette Davis and Paul Henreid as they discuss the meaning of happiness then go in for the greatest screen kiss ever. I'd like to thank them in person for giving me so much happiness over the years as I've watched that movie.

There are so many... But if I had to pick one it would be:

Fred Astaire- Royal Wedding "You're all the world to me"

It's one of the most unique moments in all film, and dance for that matter.

Astaire's amazing.

What a great thread! This should be a lot of fun! There are so many choices though. Golly, I don't even know where to start. Hmm...I guess for starters I'll say the whole scene in A Streetcar Named Desire when Stanley first meets Blanche. Specifically right after he asks if he can "make himself comfortable". Now being that I'm a female, I doubt very seriously the reason for my wanting to be present for that scene isn't obvious.

Wow, so many scenes to choose from. I would've loved to have witnessed the scene in *It's a Wonderful Life* where Jimmy Stewart prays in the bar for help. I love that scene, and from what've heard, it was a favorite of Mr. Stewart's as well.

Sorry. I didn't even realize that it wasn't there.

There are so many... But if I had to pick one it would be:

Royal Wedding when Astaire dances on the ceiling.

It's one of the most unique moments in all film, and dance for that matter.

Astaire's amazing.

If I had to pick a second it would be:

The General with Buster Keaton on the train.