Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ascotrudgeracer

VOTE! Handsomest Actor in Film History at His Best Looking.

"Robert Taylor, when he was in Camille and Waterloo Bridge, then his looks starting declining at an early age,"

Just shows to go that looks are in the eye of the beholder...I think Taylor got better looking as he aged and was less "pretty" and more "rugged." I think he's at his peak in a movie like WESTWARD THE WOMEN, released over a decade after WATERLOO BRIDGE.

JMHO --

These are some of the handsomest actors to me. I can't pin-point just one as the handsomest, though. Maybe James Garner...

Warren Beatty

Pierce Brosnon

Richard Burton

Michael Caine

Montgomery Clift

Sean Connery

Gary Cooper

Tony Curtis

Johnny Depp

Clint Eastwood

Errol Flynn

Clark Gable

James Garner

John Gavin

Mel Gibson

Farley Granger

Cary Grant

William Holden

Rock Hudson

Alan Ladd

Burt Lancaster

Dean Martin

Joel McCrea

Steve McQueen

Robert Mitchum

Roger Moore

Paul Newman

Al Pacino

Michael Pare

Gregory Peck

Brad Pitt

Sidney Poitier

Elvis Presley

Robert Redford

Burt Reynolds

Frank Sinatra

James Stewart

Robert Taylor

Denzel Washington

I thought Frank Sinatra was very cute in "Anchors Aweigh", for example. As for Dean Martin, I think he was a very handsome man when he was young.

By the way, here's a few more:

Kirk Douglas

Robert Downey, Jr.

Hugh Grant

Audie Murphy

Christopher Reeve

Maximillian Schell

O.K., here goes: In my opinion, Farley Granger was the handsomest actor in film history.

I really believe that Tyrone Power was the most handsome man in movies. He looked good in almost every movie he ever made. Mary

Gregory Peck, Sean Connery, Gary Cooper, Rock Hudson, Ronald Coleman, Cary Grant, Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas, Johnny Deph, Pierce Bronson, Clint Eastwood, and many many more.;-)

Lots of handsome men, lots of sexy men.

But remember what Barbara Cartland said, "We didn't need sex. We had Tyrone Power."

ty_1

secondhoneymoon_0001

6284_1

shirtless

and, this photo was taken a few days before he died. Right, he looked rotten.

debbie_00017

There were so many handsome men in the films of the past. The most handsome would have to be in the eye of the beholder. Cary Cooper, Cary Grant, and Gene Kelly are just three I could mention.

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but if not......

I know you ladies might hate me for this, but I don't know what was so good about Tyrone Power. Cute like a plastic doll, yes...but to me, his eyes were very soulless.

Yes, he does look like a plastic doll with soulless eyes. I've heard Alice Faye said that "Kissing Ty Power was like dying and going to heaven."

Some people just want attention...even if it is negative attention.

He looks like a dream.

Message was edited by CineMaven becuz I want to thank you for the photo. He looks quite contemporary in that shot. Thanx again.

Some of us know that Tyrone was anything BUT soulless.

The photo: I saw this photo on display at the Egyptian Theater when I attended the Power tribute last year. There were TONS and TONS of memorabilia, but this photo stood out. I begged the woman whose photo it was to scan me a copy and send it to me, and she did! Turned out I wasn't the only one! The elderly man next to me at the table knew Tyrone and said, "That is so Ty. That's just what he looked like." Swoon, much?

I LOVE him in The Rains Came. I wish TCM would get some more of his earlier films.