Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Ghost And Mr Chicken

David Guercio

22 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

they showed it on svengoolie a few weeks ago so who cares.

I got the vic mizzy music on CD.

also got his reluctant astronaut music on CD too.

Aren't you the one who's always clamoring for more Universal films to be shown on TCM? I'd think you would be happy that THE GHOST AND MR. CHICKEN is airing on the 27th of October.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Aren't you the one who's always clamoring for more Universal films to be shown on TCM? I'd think you would be happy that THE GHOST AND MR. CHICKEN is airing on the 27th of October.

sure I am.

Ghost and Mr. Chicken has a real hot babe for Don in joan staley but I'm more partial to joan freeman in The Reluctant Astronaut.

:)

Image result for joan freeman the reluctant astronaut

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

sure I am.

Ghost and Mr. Chicken has a real hot babe for Don in joan staley but I'm more partial to joan freeman in The Reluctant Astronaut.

Image result for joan freeman the reluctant astronaut

Nip, you should have starred in the tv series "Love That Joan" instead of Jim Backus!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

I got the vic mizzy music on CD.

also got his reluctant astronaut music on CD too.

Great! I produced those for Percepto. I got two lovely letters from Vic Mizzy. In one he said "Great editing. With your fingers you could have been a gynecologist." That one is framed on my office wall!

MR. CHICKEN has been a favorite since I was a kid. I first saw it at an outdoor screening at Orienta Beach Club in Mamaroneck. It spooked the sand out of my sneakers!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ray Faiola said:

Great! I produced those for Percepto. I got two lovely letters from Vic Mizzy. In one he said "Great editing. With your fingers you could have been a gynecologist." That one is framed on my office wall!

MR. CHICKEN has been a favorite since I was a kid. I first saw it at an outdoor screening at Orienta Beach Club in Mamaroneck. It spooked the sand out of my sneakers!

hey yeah! I seen your name. great job.

• Thanks 1

DON KNOTTS movies are far from "great cinema", but as , thanks to his BARNEY FIFE character in The Andy Griffith show, his movies are like spendng time with an old friend.  Since NO TIME FOR SERGEANTS it was clear he did that kind of character well, and made a good living with it.  But I would(as I do with many others)have loved to see him cast "out of type" for some movie.  Like the heinous villain in some cop flick, or even the brave cop in some cop flick.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

DON KNOTTS movies are far from "great cinema", but as , thanks to his BARNEY FIFE character in The Andy Griffith show, his movies are like spendng time with an old friend.  Since NO TIME FOR SERGEANTS it was clear he did that kind of character well, and made a good living with it.  But I would(as I do with many others)have loved to see him cast "out of type" for some movie.  Like the heinous villain in some cop flick, or even the brave cop in some cop flick.  

Sepiatone

Yes, even playing a father would've been a stretch, which to my knowledge he never did in any of his screen roles.

Not sure if he had limited range, or just limited opportunity.

5 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Yes, even playing a father would've been a stretch, which to my knowledge he never did in any of his screen roles.

Not sure if he had limited range, or just limited opportunity.

I think it was limited opportunity, but I read the article on him several years ago. Did you know IRL Don Knotts was quite the lady's man? Apparently the women just loved him. And I give him credit for establishing a persona - Barney Fife - that lasts today. If you tell somebody about some self important rent a cop and call him a "Barney Fife" people instantly know what you are talking about.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

DON KNOTTS movies are far from "great cinema", but as , thanks to his BARNEY FIFE character in The Andy Griffith show, his movies are like spendng time with an old friend.  Since NO TIME FOR SERGEANTS it was clear he did that kind of character well, and made a good living with it.  But I would(as I do with many others)have loved to see him cast "out of type" for some movie.  Like the heinous villain in some cop flick, or even the brave cop in some cop flick.  ;) 

Close enough would be The Love God? (1969, and yes, with punctuation)--in which Knotts' birdwatching magazine is turned into a 60's Playboy girlie magazine behind his back, and Knotts finds himself having to play the Hugh Hefner bathrobe-swinger role--which did rather disorient audiences at the time, as the Mature rating and "sexual revolution!" theme kept out the core kiddy audience.  Let's just say Knotts was born to play one type, and played it better than most could.

In How to Frame a Fig-g (1971, the last of his non-Disney solo movies before Tim Conway), he comes off as a bit of a know-it-all A-hat to his dim co-workers, and doesn't really come across as likable--It's a tricky character act to make a jumpy coward or big-talking Barney Fife sympathetic, but basically "Ghost" will pretty much spoil you for any other solo Don Knotts movies.

"The Private Eyes", however, is still a classic.   B)

Didn't anyone see 1998's excellent movie PLEASANTVILLE?

In a brilliant casting choice, Don Knotts played a mysterious, possibly evil TV repairman who sets the whole story in motion:

5450040109_6ebc0ca456.jpg

I always liked the visual of the "angry Indians" on the test pattern that reflected Knotts' charactor's anger at the kids:

757full-pleasantville----------------------------------%281998%29-screenshot.jpg
  • Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings