Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A QUESTIUON, please help when & is new Stan & 0llie bio coming out???

spence

Yes, I;ve been searching all over the net just today, after seeing part of it';s filming on one of those entertainment programs. But, whenever I punch in it's pedigree, not even imdb.com, RT.com & websites entirely devoted to upcoming trailers & such have NADA???

So I put it to you grand fans & or fellow TCM-ITES, most notably (Jakeem, topBilled & or LawrenceA) you guys always seem to have such answers

Is this new upocomni9ng bio of "LAUREL & HARDY" gonna' be a theatrical release or made for television & if so, what is it's date please???

John C. Reilly-(looks enormous here!) & Steve Coogan play the legendary comedic duo in it.

I bet one or more have the answer within a few hours

THANX & PLEASE ASSIST

(P.S. & 1 I;m personally really hoping is a late 2018 release-(some places now say yes?) THE IRISHMAN on paper just bleeds *Oscars)   So far for 2018 the sole new flick that will probably make the cut-(especially if the once again nominate 8 to 10 for BPO *GOLD?  Is BLACK PANTHER (strong ***-out of 4 stars) & is now the 3rd highest grossing release ever at about $700m. domestically)

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, GGGGerald said:

According to Wikipedia:

Stan_&_Ollie.png

Release date
  • October 21, 2018

ALRIGHT PAL<  thanx & I hope it is released on said date!   John C. Reilly in particular looks amazing as Ollie-(NOTE: Saw some sad home movies of both of them in 1956, only a year before Hardy died of course) & it was their grand finale on any film  But, ollie musta' been 1/2 his usual size. Heard he passed away from a stroke at his mother-in-laws home. )

1 minute ago, spence said:

ALRIGHT PAL<  thanx & I hope it is released on said date!   John C. Reilly in particular looks amazing as Ollie-(NOTE: Saw some sad home movies of both of them in 1956, only a year before Hardy died of course) & it was their grand finale on any film  But, ollie musta' been 1/2 his usual size. Heard he passed away from a stroke at his mother-in-laws home. )

Just checke'd my calenderer & 0ctober 21st though is a Sunday?

At any rate judging from making of clips,etc Reilly seems poised for what would be his 2nd shot at an *ACADEMY (AMPAS) AWARD

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:40 PM, Ray Faiola said:

Special screening in LA on August 27th. I was invited but I can't make it out there for it. Another nice mess.

Another fellow TCM-ITE once wrote/posted something I myself really cannot argue with.  She said THE MUSIC BOX (l932) was thee most perfect movie ever made!

Whomever wrote that, please do chime-in on this motion picture

You may be correct though, even KANE has some problems, though barely & as Leonard Maltin says *CASABLANCA is thee perfect epitome when everything in The Studio-System works to pure perfection  unquote

It's not surprising it's also Maltin's A #1 picture ever made either.

& since she posted that I try & think of a more "PERFECTO FILM?"

(TRIVIA: Majority of *Hal Roach-(l892-l992) & L & H flix were shot inside our on the streets-(Thomas Ince, blvd & Atlantic Avenue) of CULVER STUDIOS)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings