Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FRANK SINATRA

sinatrababy7

Absolutely gotta go with The Manchurian Candidate. To me, it's his best & most subtle performance, though I also think that he was quite good in one of his last "real" movies: The Detective.

also manchurian candidate, Ryans express, from here to eternity, i can't think of the title but jill st. John,

is in the movie and Lee J. Cobb and the wonderful

Molly Pigeon plays his mother when she's too short to grab a pencil its hilarious!!!.....my very best favorite

pick of a Sinatra movie i got a blank moment a brain warp

for the life of me i can't think of the title it was on the tip of my tongue when i started this post! Oh well.......help title of the movie it's not making me nuts i can't remember it.

I've seen & like all listed films however, I sort of lean to 'Some Came Running' as my favorite. I appreciate the textures & depth of ALL the actors and a special nod to Martha Hyer; such an over looked and hardly mentioned actor. You agree?

Leo

Loliteblue, I believe that the movie that you're thinking of is Come Blow Your Horn with Lee J. Cobb and Molly Picon as the parents of Sinatra and a very youthful Tony Bill. It oughta be funny---it was written by Neil Simon, (and was based on his adventures with his brother during their bachelorhood in NYC).

THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, with THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM coming in a close 2nd place. Having said that, I am NOT looking forward to the forthcoming remake of Manchurian Candidate. Sounds like a great cast and Jonathan Demme directing is promising, but sometimes Hollywood needs to leave well-enough alone. When Hollywood feels compelled to not only remake so many classic films, but also produce films based on old 70's series like 'Starsky and Hutch' and 'Dukes of Hazzard,' well, it just shows a complete creative bankruptcy. What's next? 'Miami Vice-The Movie??' Trust me, it's probably in the works, as we speak. But yeah, Sinatra was always good on film, and even better on my stereo......

Archived