Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which Universal Horror film is your favorite and why?

Of the old Universal Horror films, starting with Dracula (1931) and ending with House of Dracula (1945) which one is your favorite, and why? There are a total of 15 films (I'm not including Werewolf of London, although I think it's a good one) including 5 Frankenstein, 5 Mummy, 3 Dracula, and 2 Wolfman. My favorite is Bride of Frankenstein for obvious reasons. Everything about Bride is CLASSIC!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*Bride of Frankenstein* is probably the best film in the stable, but Karl Freund's *The Mummy* is my favorite Universal Studios horror show. I love the sets; I really love the lighting. I love the movie's faint tinge of eroticism. And the capper is Boris Karloff's absolutely brilliant performance -- his all-time creepiest, IMHO. His voice, his body language, that awesome Jack Pierce makeup... Im-ho-Tep is my favorite Universal monster!

Too bad the sequels were so lame. On the other hand, I really enjoyed the Hammer Films edition with Cushing and Lee, and actually enjoyed quite a bit the Steven Sommers adventure-film version.

• 2 weeks later...

BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN would be a much better picture if James Whale had edited out much of Una O'Connor's overacting hysterics. I still think the first FRANKENSTEIN is a better film. As to best Universal film overall with a stellar cast: THE WOLF MAN.