Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone here love Dana Andrews?

The one repeated criticism I've heard of Dana Andrews was that his face always seemed

somewhat immobile and didn't seem to change expression much, whatever the situation. Maybe it was just that he seemed to play the stern stoic type fairly often. Don't love him, but I've always enjoyed him in most of the movies I've seen him in, especially The Best Years of our Lives. Speak-

ing of which, how about good old Virginia Mayo? Love her.

The look on Dana's face was classic when he looked upon Waldo Lydecker coming out of the bathtub. Would that TCM would show Laura!

I agree about Virginia, even our illustrious Bette Davis said that Virginia deserved an Oscar for Best Years.

Always enjoyed his preformances,"A Walk in the Sun" is one of my all time favorites along with "Laura"[yes the bathtub smirk is priceless.and of course "Best Years....",and Frederic March did deserve the oscar, as great as Andrews is March is wonderful. Isn't Steve Forrest [swat] the tv series his younger brother?

fred,

I looked up Steve Forrest on imdb, he is indeed Dana Andrews' brother. I don't think I ever watched SWAT on TV, but I've heard a lot about it.

I'd love to watch Best Years of Our Lives again one of these days, because I haven't watched it since college; and being a pretty big fan of Dana, Myrna and Fredric... well I should enjoy it very, very much.

Anyone here seen Zero Hour! ?

> {quote:title=brandoalways4ever wrote:}{quote}

> Yes, Steve Forrest is Dana's brother. Why the different last name, though?

brandoalways,

According to imdb, Steve's birth name is William Forrest Andrews. It's not uncommon for many folks in show business to change their names for any number of reasons.