Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

John McCain....

4 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Too bad it isn't. 

Yep.

AND, it's too damn bad a higher percentage of the American electorate don't get off their lazy apathetic butts and vote in all major elections TOO, isn't it Vautrin?!

(...oh...wait...this is Vautrin I'm talkin' to here, huh...never mind)

• Like 1

Oh, and btw Vautrin, you were exactly right earlier about that whole "any Republican would've had trouble winning the 2008 election.

You see, UNLIKE the freakin' no-class so-called "christian" in this conversation here who earlier insists because McCain supposedly showed some kind of "weakness" during his campaign, that this caused his defeat, WHAT his freakin' ilk will NEWER EVER understand is that Obama won that election PRIMARILY because he was able to motivate many of the aforementioned "lazy apathetic" voters, I'm talkin' the youth and minority vote here, to FINALLY get OFF those "lazy and apathetic" butts of theirs and CAST a freakin' ballot for him. And then, add into this equation YOUR point about how that dumb Texan left office with this country's finances in a mess, and yeah, the outcome of the 2008 election was pretty much a fait accompli.

(...but once again, all those freakin' IDIOTS out there who have called the late great John McCain a "RINO", will never possess the freakin' BRAIN capacity to understand any of this)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Oh, and btw Vautrin, you were exactly right earlier about that whole "any Republican would've had trouble winning the 2008 election.

You see, UNLIKE the freakin' no-class so-called "christian" in this conversation here who earlier insists because McCain supposedly showed some kind of "weakness" during his campaign, that this caused his defeat, WHAT his freakin' ilk will NEWER EVER understand is that Obama won that election PRIMARILY because he was able to motivate many of the aforementioned "lazy apathetic" voters, I'm talkin' the youth and minority vote here, to FINALLY get OFF those "lazy and apathetic" butts of theirs and CAST a freakin' ballot for him. And then, add into this equation YOUR point about how that dumb Texan left office with this country's finances in a mess, and yeah, the outcome of the 2008 election was pretty much a fait accompli.

(...but once again, all those freakin' IDIOTS out there who have called the late great John McCain a "RINO", will never possess the freakin' BRAIN capacity to understand any of this)

Often timing is important in politics. Any Dem running in 2008 would probably have won.

Encouraging apathetic voters to get out and vote helped too. What Republican wouldn't

have wanted to run against Carter in 1980? And these days it doesn't take much to be

labeled a RINO, but that's a GOP "problem." I don't consider myself a lazy or apathetic

non-voter, just one who can count.

11 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Often timing is important in politics. Any Dem running in 2008 would probably have won.

Encouraging apathetic voters to get out and vote helped too. What Republican wouldn't have wanted

to run against Carter in 1980? And these days it doesn't take much to be labeled a RINO, but

that's a GOP "problem." I don't consider myself a lazy or apathetic non-voter, just one who

can count.

Yeah, well...and the Nipster "considers" HIMSELF a "christian"!

(...and so at last count here, we seem to now have TWO people around here that seem a little unclear on certain societal concepts and how they self-identify, huh!) ;)

LOL

18 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

John was a great Democrat, RIP.

PS It's sad that the one who turned down the vote to fix the health care system died due to medical issues.

Yep, MM! And it was THIS very kind of faulty thinking by you Republicans in the primaries back in 2000 that got us that dumb*** Texan sittin' his sorry butt in the White House, ya know.

(...but enough said about THAT I'm sure, eh?!) ;)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

John was a great Democrat, RIP.

PS It's sad that the one who turned down the vote to fix the health care system died due to medical issues.

What stupid things to think, much less say out loud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Flags are still lowered in McCain's honor at the U.S. Capitol and on the National Mall this morning.

U.S. Code says: "The flag shall be flown at half-staff ... on the day of death and the following day for a member of Congress."

Dlmy29AUUAAcXOU.jpg

John McCain’s farewell statement

"The office of the late Sen. John McCain on Monday issued the Arizona senator’s farewell statement to both the United States and the rest of the world — and he took one last shot at President Donald Trump’s border wall with Mexico.

In one particularly striking passage, McCain took aim at the tribal brand of politics that Trump unleashed throughout the 2016 presidential campaign.

“We weaken our greatness when we confuse our patriotism with tribal rivalries that have sown resentment and hatred and violence in all corners of the globe,” McCain said. “We weaken it when we hide behind walls, rather than tear them down, when we doubt the power of our ideals, rather than trust them to be the great force for change they always have been.”

In another striking passage, McCain said that it was a “privilege” for him to concede defeat in the 2008 election of former President Barack Obama, who become America’s first black president.

“Do not despair of our current difficulties but believe always in the promise and greatness of America,” he wrote.

Read the whole statement below.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/27/full-text-john-mccains-farewell-statement-797487

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I will honor the passing of McCain by chowing down on two provolone sub sandwiches tonite and wash it all down with seagram's ginger ale.

the hearty trump supporter never loses his appetite.

:D

Does it make you feel good to troll John McCain?

• Thanks 1