Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kudos to programming dept.(WAGONS ROLL AT NIGHT)

moviegeek3000

Excellent timing on airing it.

Another gold star for Humphrey Bogart, in a quite different role than usual....second film with SYLVIA SIDNEY??? Dead End was the first, right?

8/10 from me.....you guys keep airing Bogart films & I'll keep spreading the good word

I just caught the tape of The Wagons Roll at Night(1941) and I'd like to add my thanks for TCM for showing this rare Bogart and Sylvia Sydney film. While the plot was fairly preposterous, the customary high energy Warner Brothers' style and the acting of the two leads lifted this little movie to another level completely.

Bogart, who was on the verge of making his transition from heavy to leading roles, was especially effective as the slightly off carnival owner/control freak whose interest in his sister,(the very fresh and guileless Joan Leslie), borders on the incestuous,(where were the production code boys?), really had a strong impact in this film. I hope that this is shown again.

Archived