Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hot TV Guys

1 hour ago, rayban said:

They needed that girlfriend for Higgins, because, week after week, you waited for that smooch between Magnum and Higgins.

Or, as a boyfriend of mine used to say, H&M - honey/man.

636458475539685456-XXX-E-RUNNING-MATES-1

The poses were so homoerotic.

Magnum's basket seems ready to burst.

Now this is a photo that needs a caption! "Try resisting my bulge appeal bud"

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TopBilled said:

A girlfriend named Agatha was introduced for Higgins half-way into the run of Magnum P.I...which I am sure was done to offset the gay vibe. Actor John Hillerman never came out publicly. His personal life was kept very private. If anything, he's the one the tabloids should have outed. 

There is nothing on Hillerman's wiki page about his personal life. It's like he's still being kept in the closet after his death. To me, that's an even bigger issue than speculating about Tom Selleck. Why are people afraid to out the character actors?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hillerman

Sherman Hemsley's another one. The former star of The Jeffersons was gay. Yet never came out.

People don't care about the sex life of character actors- now sexy stars with bulge appeal is another story

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, jaragon said:

People don't care about the sex life of character actors- now sexy stars with bulge appeal is another story

Yes, that's probably correct. They also don't talk about lesbian character actresses like Patsy Kelly, Billie Burke, Marie Dressler, Spring Byington, Ellen Corby, Marjorie Main, Flora Robson, Edna May Oliver, etc.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, rayban said:

Yes, the posters, which I ran into more than once, were put up by a group called "Outpost".

Mr. Selleck sued the parent company, "The Globe".

aa70ac0fcaf8c15a377872f04e225177.jpg

His aura can be perceived as homoerotic, though.

(Especially in his weekly dealings with his manservant, who was played by an obviously gay actor.)

john-hillerman-tom-selleck.jpg?w968h681

"Higgins?!"

They were practically "a couple".

Probably why in the remake they made the Higgins character a woman- I doubt they would have gotten away with all that obvious homoerotic tension

• Like 1
On 2/24/2019 at 2:19 PM, TopBilled said:

A girlfriend named Agatha was introduced for Higgins half-way into the run of Magnum P.I...which I am sure was done to offset the gay vibe. Actor John Hillerman never came out publicly. His personal life was kept very private. If anything, he's the one the tabloids should have outed. 

There is nothing on Hillerman's wiki page about his personal life. It's like he's still being kept in the closet after his death. To me, that's an even bigger issue than speculating about Tom Selleck. Why are people afraid to out the character actors?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hillerman

Sherman Hemsley's another one. The former star of The Jeffersons was gay. Yet never came out.

It is true that some guys with nonexistent-to-the-public "private lives" who never married were closeted, but there are also those who simply did not have much of a sex life to report. This situation tends to be true more for women than men since women tend to be less needy in a physical way as they get older than men. Believe it or not, it is still possible to channel one's "urges" into nonsexual outlets. (There is a reason why there are so many guns in this country, but that is a whole different topic.)

This is just me and I understand that I view things differently than you do, but I personally don't feel it is necessary for tabloids to "out" every person not waving their "I am straight and can prove it with documented evidence" flag unless there is a very good reason to, such as that person causing harm on others who are no different than them.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Jlewis said:

It is true that some guys with nonexistent-to-the-public "private lives" who never married were closeted, but there are also those who simply did not have much of a sex life to report. This situation tends to be true more for women than men since women tend to be less needy in a physical way as they get older than men. Believe it or not, it is still possible to channel one's "urges" into nonsexual outlets. (There is a reason why there are so many guns in this country, but that is a whole different topic.)

This is just me and I understand that I view things differently than you do, but I personally don't feel it is necessary for tabloids to "out" every person not waving their "I am straight and can prove it with documented evidence" flag unless there is a very good reason to, such as that person causing harm on others who are no different than them.

For the most part, I agree with the above comment. I am not exactly in favor of tabloids outing stars, however it is a fact they do that. And the group Ray mentioned, putting up billboards or posters to out celebs is a more in-your-face example.

My comment was how they neglect certain actors and actresses and target other ones more aggressively. And honestly, I think that's because they might want some guys like Tom Selleck or Tom Cruise to be gay. They could care less about the John Hillmermans or Sherman Hemsleys of the entertainment world. So there's a bias going on, which often is informed by attractiveness instead of actual gayness or lesbianism.

• Like 3

Speaking of Hillerman and Hemsley, both of them were in the military in their younger days, before they became professional actors. We're talking about years ago, when you really had to hide your homosexuality if you were in the armed forces. It probably became so ingrained in them to keep hiding it, and fearing negative publicity that could harm their Hollywood careers, they just continued to remain deeply closeted. 

Hemsley had a long-time partner he lived with for years. A man he presented to the public as his business manager. Basically he had given the guy a job working for him, to make it all seem more "legit." But that relationship ended before Hemsley died, and Hemsley wound up being buried in a cemetery associated with a military veterans organization. So did Hemsley renounce his homosexuality at the end? His burial in that sort of location might explain why he remains closeted after death.

Some actors are not asexual or non-sexual, or whatever word we're using now. Instead they just know how to keep their private lives out of the public eye. But if the tabloids seek to expose them, how will they have cope with the scrutiny? Some get a "free pass" while other ones are targeted.

• Like 1

Long long ago, I remember a silly Entertainment Tonight piece with celebrities being questioned how they would react if naked pictures of them were exposed to the public. Buddy Hackett had me in stitches. He claimed he had gained so much weight in his old age that nobody would know what gender he is if he was exposed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Jlewis said:

These men might have had healthy sex lives in private- they were not the star of the show - if a star is playing a character who is obviously marketed as sex object like Magnum - there is a bit more curiosity about the actor matching the part off screen

• Like 1
9 hours ago, TopBilled said:

For the most part, I agree with the above comment. I am not exactly in favor of tabloids outing stars, however it is a fact they do that. And the group Ray mentioned, putting up billboards or posters to out celebs is a more in-your-face example.

My comment was how they neglect certain actors and actresses and target other ones more aggressively. And honestly, I think that's because they might want some guys like Tom Selleck or Tom Cruise to be gay. They could care less about the John Hillmermans or Sherman Hemsleys of the entertainment world. So there's a bias going on, which often is informed by attractiveness instead of actual gayness or lesbianism.

Sex appeal is the key.  Did anybody wonder about Raymond Burr's sex life? I mean he was a handsome man but not exactly a sex symbol- I imagine these days he would be a bear poster boy😉

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Sex appeal is the key.  Did anybody wonder about Raymond Burr's sex life? I mean he was a handsome man but not exactly a sex symbol- I imagine these days he would be a bear poster boy😉

I think the mistake being made is objectifying gays and lesbians and defining them because of sex. It's a big problem in our culture.

• Like 2

The format of the show - "Magnum, PI" - and the performances of the two stars - actually encouraged all the gay rumors.

They knew what they were doing.

Magnum was always running after some woman.

But we knew that he came home to Higgins' loving care at night.

On 2/27/2019 at 4:18 PM, rayban said:

Guy Williams and Mark Goddard in "Lost In Space" -

could those space outfits be more revealing? -

guy-williams-june-lockhart-mark-goddard-

robinsons_lost_in_space.png

Guy Williams and Mark Goddard are the sexiest guys in space! 😍

I have this theory where they took the chariot up to the mountains for a little "guy time". How could they not?

• Like 2