Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Site not secure?

I've been getting that for quite some time. It first appeared at the sign-in menu when I was using Firefox. Now it appears on the menu bar  when I use Google Chrome. However, it does not appear anywhere if I use Internet Explorer ... but that browser is useless on this site.

34 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

I've been getting that for quite some time. It first appeared at the sign-in menu when I was using Firefox. Now it appears on the menu bar  when I use Google Chrome. However, it does not appear anywhere if I use Internet Explorer ... but that browser is useless on this site.

Thanks for chiming in. I am also using Google Chrome. I never noticed it until yesterday. Other sites I access with Chrome say Secure. But TCM's site does not. When I clicked for information it said 20 cookies were currently in use. So are we to assume that if TCM is using cookies (with information sold to a third party), that is why it's not secure?

41 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Thanks for chiming in. I am also using Google Chrome. I never noticed it until yesterday. Other sites I access with Chrome say Secure. But TCM's site does not. When I clicked for information it said 20 cookies were currently in use. So are we to assume that if TCM is using cookies (with information sold to a third party), that is why it's not secure?

Not sure. Secure sites also use cookies. Maybe someone with more expertise will jump in.

48 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

Not sure. Secure sites also use cookies. Maybe someone with more expertise will jump in.

Thanks. That's what I thought. I post on Digital Spy forums about TV series I watch. Each time I log in there, I have to click "agree" that I am aware they use cookies. But their site is secure. So I wonder why TCM's is not.

Short answer:  end-to-end encryption costs extra

Somewhat longer answer: Providing end to end encryption makes sense for protection of people's personal details.  Such as online banking or shopping.  Since this is annonymous (for the most part) and doesn't involve the exchange of money...

My answer: This is a movie forum, where occasional movie talk is interspersed among revelers busting one gut-load of political diarrhea after another.  Would you pay good money to encrypt it?  http://moviecollector.us/pics_to_hotlink_on_TCM/forum-twisted.gif

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

My answer: This is a movie forum, where occasional movie talk is interspersed among revelers busting one gut-load of political diarrhea after another.  Would you pay good money to encrypt it?  http://moviecollector.us/pics_to_hotlink_on_TCM/forum-twisted.gif

I'd pay good money to get rid of the diarrhea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Hepburn Fan said:

Many sites get reported as not secure. I too use Google Chrome. I toss my cookies everyday with CCleaner. About once a week, I delete everything in my browser's history. I am not worried about someone hacking my avatar. 

I also delete the cookies on my computer(s) every day or two. Good idea for those who may not be doing so.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings