Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nudist Camp Films

28 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

You forgot I was at the library. Did you want to get me kicked out for good and have them confiscate my library card, Hamradio? But thanks for your assistance!

Forgot how uptight they can be.

hqdefault.jpg

17 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Burt Lancaster meets up with a pair of elderly nudists in "The Swimmer", he even joins in and slips off his swim trunks.

They make him take his trunks off, don't they? Tell him he can't use their pool unless he does?

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Forgot how uptight they can be.

hqdefault.jpg

I never talk out loud at the library. I never leave my phone ringer on at the library. I don't eat at the library or bring in drinks. I pay all fines immediately and don't eat bon bons while reading a book I took out from the library leaving stains on pages. So I've never had to deal with anyone like Mrs. Merriam. You forgot I had twelve straight years of training from nuns. We weren't even allowed to talk in the restrooms during breaks between classes in high school. But thanks for the fine visual!!!

42 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

I never talk out loud at the library. I never leave my phone ringer on at the library. I don't eat at the library or bring in drinks. I pay all fines immediately and don't eat bon bons while reading a book I took out from the library leaving stains on pages. So I've never had to deal with anyone like Mrs. Merriam. You forgot I had twelve straight years of training from nuns. We weren't even allowed to talk in the restrooms during breaks between classes in high school. But thanks for the fine visual!!!

In today's libraries they are probably so thankful anyone is using them that they are probably a whole lot less strict.  The few times I have been to ones around here, 90% of people were using the computers.  

• Like 1
Just now, TheCid said:

In today's libraries they are probably so thankful anyone is using them that they are probably a whole lot less strict.  The few times I have been to ones around here, 90% of people were using the computers.  

I just was listening to some illiterate person who works for the government talk about how libraries are useless. Of course, to him they are since he can't read mostly and perpetuates false conspiracy stories constantly which I love to check out and prove him wrong. I do see people on the computers at my local libraries but also see many people taking out books. What a great thing a library is, that all can get free books to read that are available if one wants to get educated on any topic. My mother would always take us to the library as kids every couple weeks and let us all pick any books we wanted, though we also had books that were bought for us. Reading is always beneficial and those commercials saying "Listening to audio books is the new reading" were probably written by someone who is also illiterate.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CaveGirl said:

Please forgive me for any dyspeptic upset I called by implying that we will soon be seeing nudists cavorting on our TCM channel playing badminton interminably, as that would even be too much for me.

I'd suggest nudist cricket (the game, not the insect, silly), as the slower pace might be less overstimulating.

Plus cricket bats are wide, so could be used for strategic & artistic 'covering' cinematography.

Just hope that nobody misunderstands Leg Before Wicket.... ;)

TCN - your home for au-natrel sports, chien-noir & the rap version of All Quiet on the Western Front...

^ Guess what the N in TCN is for?

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, limey said:

I'd suggest nudist cricket (the game, not the insect, silly), as the slower pace might be less overstimulating.

Plus cricket bats are wide, so could be used for strategic & artistic 'covering' cinematography.

Just hope that nobody misunderstands Leg Before Wicket.... ;)

TCN - your home for au-natrel sports, chien-noir & the rap version of All Quiet on the Western Front...

^ Guess what the N in TCN is for?

Uh, Total Complete Nudity?

Trashy Corrupt Network?

Tacky Cheap Nastiness?

I give...

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

Uh, Total Complete Nudity?

Trashy Corrupt Network?

Tacky Cheap Nastiness?

I give...

Well, I was going to cop out & say 'Noir', but since you changed the other letters & you might enjoy Ed's extended au naturel noir hour, I'll add...

Terrifically Complete Naughtiness

Top Cricket Naturel

That Commentator's Nasally

Tiffany's Camping Nearby

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, limey said:

Well, I was going to cop out & say 'Noir', but since you changed the other letters & you might enjoy Ed's au naturel noir hour (and a bit), I'll add...

Terrifically Complete Naughtiness

Top Cricket Naturel

That Commentator's Nasally

Tiffany's Camping Nearby

These all sound like episodes from Monty Python, Limey.

I can add two more, Therapeutic Community Nudity, and Taking Care of **** could work also.

P.S. Oops, I got bleeped. Suffice it to say my last word was about Necro-type words with some P-h-i-l-i-a thrown in for good measure.

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

What a great thing a library is, that all can get free books to read that are available if one wants to get educated on any topic.

Love "my" public libraries. One of the too few places we can actually see our tax dollars being spent as they should.
However, libraries have changed considerably since I was a kid.
Being in a library then was almost like entering the sanctity of a church (without the choral singing). Quiet used to be the mantra. Along with courtesy and respect (both for others and the material). "Parents" used to maintain control of their children and shush them when they got out of line. Not so anymore.
Audio-video used to consist of a quiet room with record and tape players and head-phones.
Still, I do love my libraries and despite the despicable "Patriot Act" privacy intrusions, I won't give them up until I'm either physically or mentally incapable of appreciating them.

Still love the physical feel and look of a paper book in my hands, but I confess that I am also a fan of those audio books as they do allow one to multi-task, and are great for on-the-road long distance travel. Plus I just enjoy it when somebody reads to me (so long as they read well).
Great place for "free" movies too!
Dislike how persons miss-handle those discs though! I hate having to clean off finger prints, smudges, boogers, and what not.... And so disappointing when one is so scratched that it won't play properly, if at all! 
One thing that I discovered years ago that I find truly sad, is when libraries dump their old books to make room for "newer" stock.
There is always limited room and sadly the old is eventually displaced by something new.
I am referring to older original editions that are no longer in print being displaced by newer amended editions, or worse revisions.
When researching a subject I like to read what was written about it by persons closer to the actual event. First hand witnesses are always preferable to hearsay. And they are also a reflection of their own time and biases.
I'd rather read something original, than something rehashed and made politically correct for the "current" times.
I prefer to do my own thinking, and interpreting, rather than have someone else do it for me.
Of course during such library purges there are often opportunities to acquire such precious originals before they are assigned to the dumpster.
When spending time in various rural communities, (i.e. remote places in Alaska) I have often encountered public places with space allocated for "free" books, magazines, audio-video, etc. Anyone in the community was free to take anything off the shelf and keep it for as long as they liked. More often than not they eventually returned it and "borrowed" something else later. These were impromptu "public" libraries, unregulated, and unmanaged, (except for the allocated space) contributed to and used by anyone.
I am a fan of libraries where ever I encounter them.

BTW, (and a little more in rhythm with the point of the thread) I am a big fan of being in the au naturel.
From an early age I used to frequent nude beaches whenever I discovered them. I love the unencumbered feel of swimming in the surf. Granted, there can be the potential for embarrassment when emerging from water that is too cold upon a populated beach. But that is another story.

As a kid I once discovered a stash of nudie magazines abandoned in someones trash. A bunch of us boys raided the can later that night before the trash man could haul it away the next morning. It was our little "treasure" and we formed our own little secret elite local "library," for as long as the pages were, um' "readable."
Among a few old Playboys, and "adult" girlie mags, there were a few of those family "fun-in-the-sun" nudist type magazines. They were mostly of the type that have been described with candid photos showing persons of all ages and both sexes doing whatever was mostly outdoorsy in the raw. Nothing visually lascivious just naked people having "fun-in-the sun."
Of course we have since discovered that too much sun exposure is not as healthy as we once believed, and sadly have become more obviously prurient in attitude within recent years so anything that also displays images of prepubescent boys and girls running around naked is now quite taboo within our society.
Though I have never actually seen a video (aside from home videos) which displayed such "wholesome" nudity, I imagine that there were several made for those more cloistered audiences.

As for myself, my former wife (and similar minded girlfriends) and I used to shed our clothes as soon as we entered the sanctity of our domicile, and did practically everything in the nude. We used to keep a little 110 pocket camera handy and would attempt to catch each other in unexpected candid moments. Amazingly had no problems getting the little cartridges developed in those days.
When we were camping and found ourselves alone, we were also such minded.

When I was alone in the Alaskan Bush for several months at a time, during those rare warm summer days, I would also run around totally naked. Well, almost so. I generally wore some light footgear, and slung a pack with a few essentials, but often carried little else. Having no pockets is the one thing about being naked that is first noticed and generally most missed.
There were no snakes or poisonous insects in Alaska. No ticks or chiggers, nor any poison Ivy, oak, or sumac, or cacti. There were however copious numbers of voracious mosquitoes to make up for that, so one generally covered any exposed areas with generous and repetitive coats of Muskol (100% Deet). 
One time I was hiking up river with my dog and a fishing pole, and casting into any stream that emptied into it for a grayling or whatever might strike. I was in the buff and I remember looking at my shadow on the ground and imagining myself as a primeval native and the top predator in the valley. That was until about 2 1/2 miles upriver from the cabin when I encountered a fresh grizzly track in the soft sand, with water still seeping into it. The bears footprints dwarfed my own, with large claw marks extending 3 plus inches from the toes. The tracks were heading in the same direction as myself, and I had an instant mental mind shift where my self perception went from "predator" to "prey" within a millisecond.
Suddenly I heard my dog barking from a short distance in the woods, along with a distinct and familiar bawling sound, and instantly thought bear! She never barked at an animal unless she had it cornered and I thought, "Oh no, she's cornered a cub," and there are few things more fearsome in the northland than a cow moose or sow bear defending their offspring. I thought, "When mom comes after her and she runs she'll lead it right back to me!"
I quickly looked around and surveyed my situation in a new light. Along the bank most of the saplings were not tall or stout enough to allow safe refuge, and further in the woods the brush was pretty thick and could easily conceal any large animal at a close distance. One cannot out-run a bear and all I had at hand was the flimsy little fishing pole, not much more use than a switch for self defense. I looked at myself and thought, "My god, there won't be anything left except a bloody spot and pair of tennis shoes to mark my passing..."
In another instant I saw my dog in a small clearing as she bounded down the hill looking for me. My eyes were glued to where she emerged from the woods, expecting to see bruno after her at any instant. Soon she was panting at my side, and I made a quick glance at her, then did a double take. Her face from below her eyes to her neck was covered in quills. Something wasn't quite making sense. There were the very fresh bear tracks, and yet she had definitely had a recent run-in with a porcupine.... 
I kept looking back up the hill and all around but no bear followed. I broke off a couple of twigs and used them as a pair of make-shift tweezers as she allowed me to pull the numerous little barbs from her face with barely a whimper. Quickly glancing around all the while, I was able to remove most all of them intact. I then stood up and shivered with the thought that this giant bruin could be lurking and observing me at that very moment.
I realized that any trail in the woods was a well traveled game trail, and bears are creatures of habit. I felt a slight breeze against my chest, and was thankful that the wind was blowing from direction the bear tracks had been heading to me. As I began to backtrack, I was astounded as my dog ran back up the hill, then stopped at that same little clearing, looking back at me to follow her.
My curiosity outweighed my better judgement and I cautiously followed her up the hill, and into the woods. 
She stopped at the foot of a spruce and looked up and barked. There, just out of her reach was a large fat porcupine still clinging to the tree. I was able to just reach it with the tip of my pole and stroked its back. At that it let out a bawling sound that amazingly sounded exactly like that of a young bear cub!
That explained part of the frightening scenario, and I was much relieved, however, those tracks were those of a large grizzly and they were fresh, and bears can be as unpredictable in behavior as any human.
Not wanting to press this days luck any farther, I walked back to the river trail and headed toward the cabin. After a few more barks, my dog reluctantly followed me home.
But from that day forward, whenever I ambled around in such a fashion I also had at least a shotgun loaded with slugs and double 00, and or a .44 mag pistol slung over my shoulder.... Just in case. I didn't want to find myself "Naked and Afraid" like that again! ;)

Every now and then I'd be farting around the little meadow air strip in front of the cabin and a plane would fly over and tip it's wings at me. I'd wave back and wondered how clearly they were able to observe me and what they must be thinking of seeing a nude lunatic walking around the wilds of Alaska without a stitch!

Anyway, thanks for stimulating me to take another little trip down memory lane. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Stephan55 said:

Love "my" public libraries. One of the too few places we can actually see our tax dollars being spent as they should.
However, libraries have changed considerably since I was a kid.
Being in a library then was almost like entering the sanctity of a church (without the choral singing). Quiet used to be the mantra. Along with courtesy and respect (both for others and the material). "Parents" used to maintain control of their children and shush them when they got out of line. Not so anymore.
Audio-video used to consist of a quiet room with record and tape players and head-phones.
Still, I do love my libraries and despite the despicable "Patriot Act" privacy intrusions, I won't give them up until I'm either physically or mentally incapable of appreciating them.

Still love the physical feel and look of a paper book in my hands, but I confess that I am also a fan of those audio books as they do allow one to multi-task, and are great for on-the-road long distance travel. Plus I just enjoy it when somebody reads to me (so long as they read well).
Great place for "free" movies too!
Dislike how persons miss-handle those discs though! I hate having to clean off finger prints, smudges, boogers, and what not.... And so disappointing when one is so scratched that it won't play properly, if at all! 
One thing that I discovered years ago that I find truly sad, is when libraries dump their old books to make room for "newer" stock.
There is always limited room and sadly the old is eventually displaced by something new.
I am referring to older original editions that are no longer in print being displaced by newer amended editions, or worse revisions.
When researching a subject I like to read what was written about it by persons closer to the actual event. First hand witnesses are always preferable to hearsay. And they are also a reflection of their own time and biases.
I'd rather read something original, than something rehashed and made politically correct for the "current" times.
I prefer to do my own thinking, and interpreting, rather than have someone else do it for me.
Of course during such library purges there are often opportunities to acquire such precious originals before they are assigned to the dumpster.
When spending time in various rural communities, (i.e. remote places in Alaska) I have often encountered public places with space allocated for "free" books, magazines, audio-video, etc. Anyone in the community was free to take anything off the shelf and keep it for as long as they liked. More often than not they eventually returned it and "borrowed" something else later. These were impromptu "public" libraries, unregulated, and unmanaged, (except for the allocated space) contributed to and used by anyone.
I am a fan of libraries where ever I encounter them.

BTW, (and more to the point of the thread) I am a big fan of being in the au naturel.
From an early age I used to frequent nude beaches whenever I discovered them. I love the unencumbered feel of swimming in the surf. Granted, there can be the potential for embarrassment when emerging from water that is too cold upon a populated beach. But that is another story.

As a kid I once discovered a stash of nudie magazines abandoned in someones trash. A bunch of us boys raided the can later that night before the trash man could haul it away the next morning. It was our little "treasure" and we formed our own little secret elite local "library," for as long as the pages were, um' "readable."
Among a few old Playboys, and "adult" girlie mags, there were a few of those family "fun-in-the-sun" nudist type magazines. They were mostly of the type that have been described with candid photos showing persons of all ages and both sexes doing whatever was mostly outdoorsy in the raw. Nothing visually lascivious just naked people having "fun-in-the sun."
Of course we have since discovered that too much sun exposure is not as healthy as we once believed, and sadly have become more obviously prurient in attitude within recent years so anything that also displays images of prepubescent boys and girls running around naked is now quite taboo within our society.
Though I have never actually seen a video (aside from home videos) which displayed such "wholesome" nudity, I imagine that there were several made for those more cloistered audiences.

As for myself, my former wife (and similar minded girlfriends) and I used to shed our clothes as soon as we entered the sanctity of our domicile, and did practically everything in the nude. We used to keep a little 110 pocket camera handy and would attempt to catch each other in unexpected candid moments. Amazingly had no problems getting the little cartridges developed in those days.
When we were camping and found ourselves alone, we were also such minded.

When I was alone in the Alaskan Bush for several months at a time, during those rare warm summer days, I would also run around totally naked. Well, almost so. I generally wore some light footgear, and slung a pack with a few essentials, but often carried little else. Having no pockets is the one thing about being naked that is first noticed generally most missed.
There were no snakes or poisonous insects in Alaska. No ticks or chiggers, nor any poison Ivy, oak, or sumac, or cacti. There were however copious numbers of voracious mosquitoes to make up for that, so one generally covered any exposed areas with generous and repetitive coats of Muskol (100% Deet). 
One time I was hiking up river with my dog and a fishing pole, and casting into any stream that emptied into it for a grayling or whatever might strike. I was in the buff and I remember looking at my shadow on the ground and imagining myself as a primeval native and the top predator in the valley. That was until about 2 1/2 miles upriver from the cabin when I encountered a fresh grizzly track in the soft sand, with water still seeping into it. The bears footprints dwarfed my own, with large claw marks extending 3 plus inches from the toes. The tracks were heading in the same direction as myself, and I had an instant mental mind shift where my self perception went from "predator" to "prey" within a millisecond.
Suddenly I heard my dog barking from a short distance in the woods, along with a distinct and familiar bawling sound, and instantly thought bear! She never barked at an animal unless she had it cornered I thought, "Oh no, she's cornered a cub," and there are few things more fearsome in the northland than a cow moose or sow bear defending their offspring. I thought, "When mom comes after her and she runs she'll lead it right back to me!"
I quickly looked around and surveyed my situation in a new light. Along the bank most of the saplings were not tall or stout enough to allow safe refuge, and further in the woods the brush was pretty thick and could easily conceal any large animal at a close distance. One cannot out-run a bear and all I had at hand was the flimsy little fishing pole, not much more use than a switch for self defense. I looked at myself and thought, "My god, there won't be anything left except a bloody spot and pair of tennis shoes to mark my passing..."
In another instant I saw my dog in a small clearing as she bounded down the hill looking for me. My eyes were glued to where she emerged from the woods, expecting to see bruno after her at any instant. Soon she was panting at my side, and I made a quick glance at her, then did a double take. Her face from below her eyes to her neck was covered in quills. Something wasn't quite making sense. There were the very fresh bear tracks, and yet she had definitely had a recent run-in with a porcupine.... 
I kept looking back up the hill and all around but no bear followed. I broke off a couple of twigs and used them as a pair of make-shift tweezers as she allowed me to pull the numerous little barbs from her face with barely a whimper. Quickly glancing around all the while, I was able to remove most all of them intact. I then stood up and shivered with the thought that this giant bruin could be lurking and observing me at that very moment.
I realized that any trail in the woods was a well traveled game trail, and bears are creatures of habit. I felt a slight breeze against my chest, and was thankful that the wind was blowing from direction the bear tracks had been heading to me. As I began to backtrack, I was astounded as my dog ran back up the hill, then stopped at that same little clearing, looking back at me to follow her.
My curiosity outweighed my better judgement and I cautiously followed her up the hill, and into the woods. 
She stopped at the foot of a spruce and looked up and barked. There, just out of her reach was a large fat porcupine still clinging to the tree. I was able to just reach it with the tip of my pole and stroked its back. At that it let out a bawling sound that amazingly sounded exactly like that of a young bear cub!
That explained part of the frightening scenario, and I was much relieved, however, those tracks were those of a large grizzly and they were fresh, and bears can be as unpredictable in behavior as any human.
Not wanting to press this days luck any farther, I walked back to the river trail and headed toward the cabin. After a few more barks, my dog reluctantly followed me home.
But from that day forward, whenever I ambled around in such a fashion I also had at least a shotgun loaded with slugs and double 00, and or a .44 mag slung over my shoulder.... Just in case. I didn't want to find myself "Naked and Afraid" like that again! ;)

Every now and then I'd be farting around the little meadow air strip in front of the cabin and a plane would fly over and tip it's wings at me. I'd wave back and wondered how clearly they were able to observe me and what they must be thinking of seeing a nude lunatic walking around the wilds of Alaska without a stitch!

Anyway, thanks for stimulating me to take another little trip down memory lane. :)

Stephan! Your post needs to be preserved infinitum as it is almost like reading a Hemingway story. Hopefully you don't suffer from his family's affliction so we can look forward to more travelogues like this one you have kindly shared! I echo all your thoughts about libraries and concur. I do hate to see some classic books by people like Maugham be sent to the library basement, as if they are not relevant, but at least one can still order things like that to be brought up for a reader. Thanks again for such an interesting post to savour!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for your kind words, however unwarranted.
It is enough that you enjoy a story, and i need little encouragement beyond that.

6 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

Hopefully you don't suffer from his family's affliction

I was a kid when Hemingway did himself in.
We had been reading "The Old Man and the Sea" so the news was particularly poignant.
I respect that he chose his own way out, rather than letting the family or the state make that choice for him.
Hemingway's life was much more complicated than my own. I don't suffer from the same pressures that he did.

My attitude is that as long as I can continue to find enjoyment and some sort of perceived usefulness in life then I will carry on.
However (knowing what I know) I am determined not to end up in a "pioneer" home, or VA facility when the end is imminent.
If I have a choice I might just exit as Papa Hemingway did, though for different reasons.
In fact, when that time comes, if the option is mine to do so, I've given thought to returning to Alaska, where my old cabin is (was???) and on some warm late summer day, after a good frost has knocked off most of the mosquito population, find myself a soft place in the thick moss to lay down, and while looking up at the clouds, just drift away and become one with the earth.
I imagine the critters, large, small and winged, will peck out my eyes, consume and scatter my remains in little piles all over the hills. Someone may come along and pick a savory wild blueberry one day, and unknowingly will be enjoying part of the story that was me.

But I am still active, med free and in pretty good health, so barring anything unforeseen, that time may not occur for quite a while yet. ;)
Besides, I still have plenty left to do on my "bucket list" :)

• Like 2
5 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

Stephan! Your post needs to be preserved infinitum as it is almost like reading a Hemingway story. Hopefully you don't suffer from his family's affliction so we can look forward to more travelogues like this one you have kindly shared! I echo all your thoughts about libraries and concur. I do hate to see some classic books by people like Maugham be sent to the library basement, as if they are not relevant, but at least one can still order things like that to be brought up for a reader. Thanks again for such an interesting post to savour!

Actually, I was thinking more Thoreau here, CG.

But, I suppose Hemingway might be appropriate too.

(...and along with a touch of Gypsy Boots, perhaps) ;)

• Like 2

On 8/31/2018 at 3:50 PM, Stephan55 said:

Every now and then I'd be farting ...

On 8/31/2018 at 8:04 PM, Swithin said:

TMI

Taking me out of context eh?
Well in that regard, and perchance again revealing a little "Too Much Information" about myself, I will stray to ask a question that has long perplexed me...
If a bear  f  a  r  t s  in the woods, and there is no other animal around to hear it.... Did it make a sound?
And since Otto Sensor was obviously offended at that. Let me ask this perplexing question.... Why is farting okay, but a single **** is not? :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Dargo said:

Big fan of Thoreau's "Walden" and his essay on "Civil Disobedience."
Used to reflect on a copy of his works that I kept readily with me in those days, along with "Desert Solitaire" by Edward Abbey, and a few select others that I enjoyed rereading. And of course a compilation of Robert Service's Poems.

When I was a kid I fell in love with the writing of Jack London, especially "Call of the Wild" and "White Fang," and when in Alaska I often reflected on his short, "To Build a Fire."

But I was (still am) too much of an omnivore to ever be seriously compared to Robert Bootzin aka "Gypsy Boots" (had to look him up BTW, quite an interesting character), although we no doubt have independently shared a few similar experiences and attitudes. And there have been several in my life that have referred to me as (a) "Nature Boy" (as well as my being a bit "touched") though I doubt they were thinking of the likes of Gypsy when they said that.   ;):)

19 hours ago, Swithin said:

I'm All Right Jack concludes in a nudist camp.

220px-I'm_All_Right_Jack_UK_poster.jpg

I remember that movie but have not seen it in years. Thanks, Swithin!

I once read that people cosmically [I know, it sounds spacey!] seem to be able to pick up seemingly through the air, new movements and thoughts and that's why often inventions will occur at almost the same time but disparate forces and maybe this is true because I've never gotten a movie catalogue with any films in it based on nudist camp stuff, and last night I came home to find five movie catalogs in my mailbox [yes, they all know a sucker when they see one!] and the very first one I went through had a total documentary style feature that it said included a bunch of 1940's to 1950's nudist films! I couldn't believe my eyes. Sure we get catalogues with old Bettie Page bits, and oddball films that were hardly released, but never anything with actual nudist films. I must have picked this vibe up from the atmosphere and maybe there will now be a resurgence, though I don't know if that is good or bad. Thanks for listening...

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Dargo said:

But, I suppose Hemingway might be appropriate too.

You are so right, Dargo. It is more like Thoreau. You know it was only last year that I realized I had never totally read all Thoreau's writings on Walden Pond so got the book and was totally invested in reading it. It is fascinating and the parts about how Thoreau stated he could live on minimal money, earned from his work around the area and things he would make or grow and sell to others was so meaningful. His bits about how people get trapped into expenditures based on their profession, that are not necessary if you just don't get into that profession were revolutionary. It's so obvious why this resonated with the hippie movement or just people wanting to get back to nature. I think Thoreau could probably live on an income of about minimal hundreds of dollars for a whole year back then. Of course, his battles with authorities over taxes and things was also amazing. Yes, your call on Stephan fitting more into a Thoreau style is apt. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Stephan55 said:

Taking me out of context eh?
Well in that regard, and perchance again revealing a little "Too Much Information" about myself, I will stray to ask a question that has long perplexed me...
If a bear  f  a  r  t s  in the woods, and there is no other animal around to hear it.... Did it make a sound?
And since Otto Sensor was obviously offended at that. Let me ask this perplexing question.... Why is farting okay, but a single **** is not? :rolleyes:

Otto Sensor is now dating Jenny Talia so doesn't care what profanities you type out, Stephan.

• Haha 2