Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Programming idea, city time machine

mrrogers

I'm not sure how programming challenges get created but I had this idea the other night after watching No Escape, 1953. Or maybe I'm just slow after 50 films in 50 states. 

City Time Machine. 

The idea is to have a sequence of movies that shows a city evolve over time. The real loction not sets. Each night/week would feature a different city. 

For example, for San Francisco two films that demonstrate the idea are Dark Passage, 1947, and Bullitt, 1968. They both feature long scenes of driving through the city. I'm sure there must a few older and newer ones to round a night of films shot in SF.

Hope you like the idea. 

My wife and have been TCM fans since April 14, 1994. Or there abouts; just ask our daughter or Orville Redenbacher. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mrrogers said:

I'm not sure how programming challenges get created but I had this idea the other night after watching No Escape, 1953. Or maybe I'm just slow after 50 films in 50 states. 

City Time Machine. 

The idea is to have a sequence of movies that shows a city evolve over time. The real loction not sets. Each night/week would feature a different city. 

For example, for San Francisco two films that demonstrate the idea are Dark Passage, 1947, and Bullitt, 1968. They both feature long scenes of driving through the city. I'm sure there must a few older and newer ones to round a night of films shot in SF.

Hope you like the idea. 

My wife and have been TCM fans since April 14, 1994. Or there abouts; just ask our daughter or Orville Redenbacher. 

Fascinating idea, add my vote to the polling list which concurs with your concept!

They could also show films like "Tolable David" showing places which once existed in nature, that have now been decimated and taken over with buildings.

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings