Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

quatermass 2

NipkowDisc

last nite watched quatermass ll on my portable DVD player. not to be confused with brian donlevy's second turn in the role in enemy from space which is the same story as this. quatermass is played by john robinson with hugh griffith as his assistant dr. pugh. pronounced pew!):D

I found nothing notable about robinson in the role in fact he is completely forgettable as quatermass. donlevy is much better.

the whole thing was a bit overlong. I got so bored I didn't watch the final chapter 6.

the whole serial is an overshot.

:lol:

Image result for quatermass ii

So, the movie is a lot better than the tv show?

That movie really disturbed me back in 1958 on a Saturday afternoon at the local movie theater. I had trouble putting it out of my mind when I was trying to go to sleep that night. 

As a child, I and my friends used to explore lots of industrial properties - factories and the like - and their often eerie silence and expansiveness took on a much more sinister feel for me after having seen this movie. I'd often get the willies just looking around me when I was on those properties.

6 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

last nite watched quatermass ll on my portable DVD player. not to be confused with brian donlevy's second turn in the role in enemy from space which is the same story as this. quatermass is played by john robinson with hugh griffith as his assistant dr. pugh. pronounced pew!):D

I found nothing notable about robinson in the role in fact he is completely forgettable as quatermass. donlevy is much better.

the whole thing was a bit overlong. I got so bored I didn't watch the final chapter 6.

the whole serial is an overshot.

:lol:

Image result for quatermass ii

My favorite is the 1967 movie derived from the tv version I guess, called "Five Million Years to Earth" with original title being "Quartermass and the Pit". That was the first one I ever saw not being in England to see the earlier tv things. I then accidentally ordered the tv one from a catalog, forgetting to check the dates of production, but enjoyed that too. I still like the movie directed by Roy Ward Baker with James Donald and Barbara Shelley the most though.

Donlevy is always good, but of course he was an Arrow Collar Man model for Leyendecker, which means he always looks quite debonair in any film.

Thanks, Nip and the photo you posted looks more like it is Jack Paar than from a sci-fi film!

• Haha 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings