Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nonagenarian birthdays in September


Recommended Posts

Director Harold Becker ("The Onion Field"), 90 on 9-25

Lyricist Alan Bergman ("The Way We Were"), 93 on 9-11

Director Serge Bourguignon ("Sundays and Cybele"), 90 on 9-3

Actress Fay Chaldecott  ("David Copperfield"), 90 on 9-14

Dancer-actress Marge Champion ("Show Boat"), 99 on 9-2

Comedian Norm Crosby (Hollywood Squares), 91 on 9-15

Actor John Ericson (Honey West), 92 on 9-23

Actress Julie Gibson ("Bowery Buckaroos"), 105 on 9-6

Producer-director Bert I. Gordon ("Attack of the Puppet People"), 96 on 9-24

Singer Helen Grayco  (The Spike Jones Show), 94 on 9-20

Actress Rosemary Harris ("Spider-Man"), 91 on 9-19

Producer Jerome Hellman ("Midnight Cowboy"), 90 on 9-4

Actor Earl Holliman (Police Woman), 90 on 9-11

Actress Joan Hotchkis (My World and Welcome to It), 91 on 9-21

Actor Freddie Jones ("The Elephant Man"), 91 on 9-12

Interviewer-writer James Lipton (Inside the Actors Studio), 92 on 9-19

Actor George Maharis (Route 66), 90 on 9-1

Actress Janis Paige ("Romance on the High Seas"), 96 on 9-16

Actress Irene Papas ("The Trojan Women"), 92 on 9-3

Actress Allene Roberts ("Kid Monk Baroni"), 90 on 9-1

Actor Henry Silva ("Johnny Cool"), 90 on 9-15

Actor Donnie "Beezer" Smith (Our Gang 1928-1929), 94 on 9-17

Actor Morgan Woodward (The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp), 93 on 9-16

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Birthday,Allene Roberts. I remember you most from THE RED HOUSE and KNOCK ON ANY DOOR. Of course you were never lost,but most of us never new  what happened to you after you left the silver screen to marry and have a family. Thanks to Classic Images magazine we found out what a fullfiling life you have had. Thanks for the memories.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, laffite said:

Freddie Jones was a fine Vanya, alongside Hopkins' Astrov. British 90s Television.

Freddie Jones also made an excellent Thufir Hawat.

A month's supply of the spice melange to anyone who knows what I'm talking about.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SullivansTravels said:

Director Harold Becker ("The Onion Field"), 90 on 9-25

Lyricist Alan Bergman ("The Way We Were"), 93 on 9-11

Director Serge Bourguignon ("Sundays and Cybele"), 90 on 9-3

Actress Fay Chaldecott  ("David Copperfield"), 90 on 9-14

Dancer-actress Marge Champion ("Show Boat"), 99 on 9-2

Comedian Norm Crosby (Hollywood Squares), 91 on 9-15

Actor John Ericson (Honey West), 92 on 9-23

Actress Julie Gibson ("Bowery Buckaroos"), 105 on 9-6

Producer-director Bert I. Gordon ("Attack of the Puppet People"), 96 on 9-24

Singer Helen Grayco  (The Spike Jones Show), 94 on 9-20

Actress Rosemary Harris ("Spider-Man"), 91 on 9-19

Producer Jerome Hellman ("Midnight Cowboy"), 90 on 9-4

Actor Earl Holliman (Police Woman), 90 on 9-11

Actress Joan Hotchkis (My World and Welcome to It), 91 on 9-21

Actor Freddie Jones ("The Elephant Man"), 91 on 9-12

Interviewer-writer James Lipton (Inside the Actors Studio), 92 on 9-19

Actor George Maharis (Route 66), 90 on 9-1

Actress Janis Paige ("Romance on the High Seas"), 96 on 9-16

Actress Irene Papas ("The Trojan Women"), 92 on 9-3

Actress Allene Roberts ("Kid Monk Baroni"), 90 on 9-1

Actor Henry Silva ("Johnny Cool"), 90 on 9-15

Actor Donnie "Beezer" Smith (Our Gang 1928-1929), 94 on 9-17

Actor Morgan Woodward (The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp), 93 on 9-16

 

John Ericson is still alive? Hmmm, I wonder if he is dating anyone. I always had a crush on him. I bet he's still cute at 92.

Thanks for the research and for posting this list. Most appreciated!

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cody1949 said:

Happy Birthday,Allene Roberts. I remember you most from THE RED HOUSE and KNOCK ON ANY DOOR. Of course you were never lost,but most of us never new  what happened to you after you left the silver screen to marry and have a family. Thanks to Classic Images magazine we found out what a fullfiling life you have had. Thanks for the memories.

Allene was truly memorable in "The Red House". Her conversations with "Pete" about his obsessive nature, were so heartfelt and I thought she had a lot of the qualities of someone like Teresa Wright, in her sweetness and innocence. Thanks for this note about her, cody.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Freddie Jones also made an excellent Thufir Hawat.

A month's supply of the spice melange to anyone who knows what I'm talking about.

Oh, gosh...I can dig some nice eyebrows like those of Treat Williams, but the ones you are referencing go way beyond attractive to maybe creepy, Lawrence.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy 99th birthday today (Sept 2nd) to one of my very favorite dancing ladies, Marge Champion!

Marge was the dancer I most tried to emulate when I was learning to dance. She was small, strong and athletic (like myself) and I loved her playful expressions.

This is one of my favorite dances in which she and husband Gower appeared, from the film JUPITER'S DARLING.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sagebrush said:

Happy 99th birthday today (Sept 2nd) to one of my very favorite dancing ladies, Marge Champion!

Marge was the dancer I most tried to emulate when I was learning to dance. She was small, strong and athletic (like myself) and I loved her playful expressions.

I've met her a few times and worked with her once, she's a lovely woman. I was first introduced to her by Donald Saddler.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Swithin said:

I've met her a few times and worked with her once, she's a lovely woman. I was first introduced to her by Donald Saddler.

That's awesome. I'm a bit jealous!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...