Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movies That Make a Statement

19 minutes ago, BunnyWhit said:

A River Runs Through It (1992)

Fantastic story. I remember being part of the test audience for this film one day in Century City, California. 

I gave it all high marks on the survey cards they had us fill out after the screening.

It should have been a bigger hit.

8 hours ago, TopBilled said:

It should have been a bigger hit.

You're absolutely right about that. Some really great performances here. I kind of think Brenda Blethyn steals the show. Her characterization is sensitive and striking. The film has grown in popularity and acclaim over time, for which I am glad.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BunnyWhit said:

You're absolutely right about that. Some really great performances here. I kind of think Brenda Blethyn steals the show. Her characterization is sensitive and striking. The film has grown in popularity and acclaim over time, for which I am glad.

Right...it's a dream cast. And only Redford could have directed it so beautifully. Norman Maclean's prose, on which it is based, is a superb piece of writing. Maclean also wrote a story about his work as a Montana firefighter called "Young Men and Fire." It details the 1949 Mann Gulch fire that killed 13 men. The Mann Gulch fire was dramatized in a film by Fox called RED SKIES OF MONTANA (1952).

• Thanks 1