Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CLASSIC LAST LINES

Zea

There's plenty of catchy tag lines throughout many classic movies, i.e. "We're gonna need a bigger boat", from "JAWS"; "Leave the gun, take the canolis", from "THE GODFATHER".  But it's that very last, lingering line we most remember and will quote years later. It stays w/you through the credits and beyond and is often integrated in all forms of future media.

To say that I've got more than a couple, would be an egregious understatement.  But to leave room for all your others, I'll limit myself to two for now:

What are your favorite or most memorable classic last movie lines?

• Like 2

From "Mister Roberts" (1955):

The Captain: Yes, who is it?

Ensign Frank Thurlowe Pulver, U.S.N. (enters): Captain, it is I, Ensign Pulver, and I just threw your stinkin' palm tree overboard! Now what's all this crud about no movie tonight?

Related image

• Like 1

"I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching...they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly...' "

-- Voiceover by actress Virginia Gregg for Norman Bates/Norma Bates (Anthony Perkins) in Sir Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho" (1960).

Related image

• Like 4

OK, first------

MY favorite line in THE GODFATHER is NOT the one about the gun and canolis.  But rather---

"I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his D**K in his hand!"  :D 

But for the thread, all I can quickly come up with is from both PYGMALION and MY FAIR LADY----

"Where the devil are my slippers?"

And in true "Sepiaform", I'll be hit with more later on after signing off the forum.  ;) 

Sepiatone

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

Last line that's truly a classic, "Gone With The Wind".

Frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

Sorry, Ham, while it's a well remembered line it's not the last one in the film.

"After all, tomorrow is another day," is the final line, as said by Scarlett.

• Thanks 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings