Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ONE word titles

@TopBilled:  Did you know that when the Paramount movie SECONDS (1966) was released on video in the U.S. circa 1996 the European theatrical version was used instead of the original American print.  Think there was only 1 scene that was different, however, but it was quite noticeable.  The vineyard-esque 'grape-stomping' scene featured full-frontal nudity from various folks and so that part of the movie was excised from the U.S. version.  But when SECONDS did finally materialize on VHS from Paramount they made mention on the video box that this was the European version that contained content not seen in the U.S.

I have noted on Wikipedia there is mention made of a couple of other scenes that were removed by John Frankenheimer that he later regretted and wanted to put back into the film . . . but couldn't find the footage all those years later.  So no version of the movie features the scene with 'Evans Evans' [Frankenheimer's wife, btw] and another scene which also takes place on the beach.  Gone forever is that footage, I reckon.  Pity!  I'd ♥ to see SECONDS with those scenes put back and apparently so did director Frankenheimer but couldn't find it. 

SECONDS was a far cry from any other movie Rock Hudson made; I'm not surprised he wanted to do it.  After a spate of romantic comedies from the past few years "Seconds" was certainly not like "Strange Bedfellows" or "Send Me No Flowers"!

Another ONE Word title:

SUNNYSIDE (1979) w/Joey Travolta.  Where did this movie go?  I've only read about it but never seen it.  No homevideo release to purchase, either.  Bummer!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mr. Gorman said:

@TopBilled:  Did you know that when the Paramount movie SECONDS (1966) was released on video in the U.S. circa 1996 the European theatrical version was used instead of the original American print.  Think there was only 1 scene that was different, however, but it was quite noticeable.  The vineyard-esque 'grape-stomping' scene featured full-frontal nudity from various folks and so that part of the movie was excised from the U.S. version.  But when SECONDS did finally materialize on VHS from Paramount they made mention on the video box that this was the European version that contained content not seen in the U.S.

I have noted on Wikipedia there is mention made of a couple of other scenes that were removed by John Frankenheimer that he later regretted and wanted to put back into the film . . . but couldn't find the footage all those years later.  So no version of the movie features the scene with 'Evans Evans' [Frankenheimer's wife, btw] and another scene which also takes place on the beach.  Gone forever is that footage, I reckon.  Pity!  I'd ♥ to see SECONDS with those scenes put back and apparently so did director Frankenheimer but couldn't find it. 

SECONDS was a far cry from any other movie Rock Hudson made; I'm not surprised he wanted to do it.  After a spate of romantic comedies from the past few years "Seconds" was certainly not like "Strange Bedfellows" or "Send Me No Flowers"!

I think Hudson considered it his best performance. It's a winner.

Salome Jens is also quite good.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

@TopBilled:  Near the end Salome turns on Rock.  She's not the nice person she seems to be . . . she's a company plant with a mean streak if The Company is /crossed/!

Yes, I recall that part.

When I studied at the Actors Studio in West Hollywood in 2003-2004, Salome was one of our acting teachers.