Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dudley Sutton 1933-2018

Swithin

Dudley Sutton, who played the very first Mr. Sloane in Joe Orton's play Entertaining Mr. Sloane, has died aged 85. He had a rich career in theater, film, and television.

One of my favorite performances by Mr. Sutton was his role as Pete in the rarely seen film The Leather Boys.

dudley-sutton-publicity-portrait-for-the

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/sep/16/dudley-sutton-obituary

• Thanks 3

I know Dudley Sutton mainly from the 80s-90s comedy-drama mystery series Lovejoy, where he played the plaid-suited alcoholic antique expert Tinker Dill, opposite Ian McShane's roguish, slightly shady title character.  The show also featured the very talented Phyllis Logan and Chris Jury.  Sutton contributed mightily to this very enjoyable show.

I've seen Sutton in some other roles (e.g., The Beiderbecke Tapes, Father Brown), and he's always very good.  I'm sorry to see him go, but as his obituary recounts, he had a long, full life.

• Like 4

On 9/17/2018 at 9:02 AM, Swithin said:

Dudley Sutton, who played the very first Mr. Sloane in Joe Orton's play Entertaining Mr. Sloane, has died aged 85. He had a rich career in theater, film, and television.

One of my favorite performances by Mr. Sutton was his role as Pete in the rarely seen film The Leather Boys.

dudley-sutton-publicity-portrait-for-the

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/sep/16/dudley-sutton-obituary

I own "The Leather Boys", Swithin so appreciated your post. The title sounds so much more salacious than it really is though, doncha think.

Sorry to hear of this but thanks for posting the news.

• 6 months later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings