Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Back Lot, in Ottawa, Canada

Erika

On 9/22/2018 at 2:08 AM, Erika said:

Does this exist?  Is it only available in the US?  I am an avid TCM fan.  Why can't I be a back lot member and be in Canada?  I would love a T-shirt and a bag, to show my support.

Good luck with that, Erika. I looked into becoming a TCM Backlot member a few years ago, or whenever it first started. Not sure I would have joined, but just wanted more information about it to make a decision. However, I didn't get very far before I found out that Canadians, at least, Canadians living in Canada, cannot join.

And how about all those times TCM shows interesting and sometimes rare films, but they're blocked from airing in Canada?  Some kind of "rights" issue. Very frustrating.

Hey, since you posted this there was that terrible tornado in the Ottawa area. Hope everything's ok.

• 6 months later...

How unfair that you cannot start a club in Canada and you can't see all the films. Do TCM & Fathom Events screen classic films in Canada the way they do in the US? I just saw Ben Hur. I live in central Connecticut and work for Dartmouth College in New Hampshire. I will start traveling to Canada to visit Dartmouth alumni there. I would like to meet film lovers in Canada. Where are the best theaters in Ottawa? Have you ever attended the Toronto Film Festival? I have attended the TCM Festival in Hollywood - it's wonderful! Good luck from Donna in Connecticut

• 3 months later...

Hi All, I host a monthly Classic Film Discussion Group via Meetup in Vancouver. If anyone in town would like to join us, please message me. It's been going for over a year now and my average turnout is 12-15 to 25 or so, every month. We meet at a downtown pub during Happy Hour. I'm getting enough people joining through meetup, but I'd love to meet more local TCM fans!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings