Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Titles that have never been used

TopBilled

There's another thread about often-used titles. What about titles that have never been used before?

Using the IMDb search, this is what I'm coming up with:

1. THE TOPBILLED STORY. Sounds like a classic biopic. It's never been done.

2. TOPBILLED MEETS FRANKENSTEIN. A comedy-horror film that's waiting to happen.

3. TOPBILLED OUT WEST. We can just recycle one of those old Maisie scripts or Andy Hardy scripts.

4. TOPBILLED GOES TO WASHINGTON. Sort of a cross between Mr. Smith and Billy Jack.

5. TOPBILLED SINGS THE BLUES. A musical so I can have a hit soundtrack.

6. TOPBILLED DOWN ON THE FARM. I play one of the Kettles' long-lost relatives.

7. TOPBILLED GOES BANANAS. I team up with Herbie the love bug in this one.

8. TOPBILLED IN OUTER SPACE. Featuring a cameo by Robby the Robot.

9. TOPBILLED IN PARIS. So I can get a free trip to Europe.

10. TOPBILLED AND OMELET PRINCE OF DENMARK. A spoof of Shakespeare's great play. Hasn't been done yet. Look it up on the IMDb. You'll see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Hmmmm...well, ya know, I don't think I've ever seen the following movie title used before:

YOU'RE KIDDING, RIGHT?!

(...the story of a guy with evidently much too much free time on his hands) 

It would have to be TOPBILLED YOU'RE KIDDING, RIGHT?! Maybe a few more question marks and exclamation points.

I don't think this title has been used either, according to a search on the IMDb:

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 3.43.53 PM.png

Okay okay, if we're gonna put a "first-person spin" on a previously unused movie title, might I suggest:

DARGO GETS THE BOID ...the woeful story of an ornithologist who is constantly being given the middle-finger by those who know him best.

DARGO'S GREATEST ADVENTURE...loincloths come into play here, along with his tree house live-in who looks a lot more like Ava Gardner than she does Maureen O'Sullivan.

DAR, GO (BLANK) YOURSELF...each secondly character gets to tell the lead character what he should go do.

(...so, whaddaya think here, TB?...do we got box office bonanza or so bad they're future camp classics written all over these babies here?) ;)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Okay okay, if we're gonna put a "first-person spin" on a previously unused movie title, might I suggest:

DARGO GETS THE BOID ...the woeful story of an ornithologist who is constantly being given the middle-finger by those who know him best.

DARGO'S GREATEST ADVENTURE...loincloths come into play here, along with his tree house live-in who looks a lot more like Ava Gardner than she does Maureen O'Sullivan.

DAR, GO (BLANK) YOURSELF...each secondly character gets to tell the lead character what he should go do.

(...so, whaddaya think here, TB?...do we got box office bonanza or so bad they're future camp classics written all over these babies here?) ;)

Yes, those are good Dargo! Sort of like the Ernest movies. Where Ernest goes to camp, Ernest gets scared stupid or Ernest saves Christmas. The sillier and campier the better. There's an audience for this stuff. Don't ask me why but there is. :) 

36 minutes ago, Hepburn Fan said:

I am so laughing. Thanks Guys!!!

I shouldn't interrupt you two, but I am thinking of "Road Trip" movies where you both get to be the stars.

Yes, road movies. They have a built-in audience.

Basically the Maisie movies were all about her hitting the road and having her next adventure. Very formulaic. And she never stayed in one place. In the next film she had moved on to a new place to deal with a new situation.

3 minutes ago, hamradio said:

How about "Magnetar"?

They haven't made a movie about one of them in a collision course with Earth?

188391main_96706main_CLOSEUPpre_burst_lg

I did have a "serious" list of titles that haven't been used.

One of them is RED HORIZON, which I think would be perfect for a western. Hard to believe there's never been a film with this title.

Also there's never been a film called THE REVOLVER. There's been a film called REVOLVER and a film called THE REVOLVERS (plural) but no feature film called THE REVOLVER.

5 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I did have a "serious" list of titles that haven't been used.

One of them is RED HORIZON, which I think would be perfect for a western. Hard to believe there's never been a film with this title.

What about a movie about the comedian..."Red Skelton"?

IMG_2252-770x574.jpg

Lol talk about memory....

"The Soupy Sales Show" punned about him... a door to door salesman  tried to sell him a photo of a RED SKELETON and claimed it was Red "Skeleton" when he was young. :lol:

4 minutes ago, hamradio said:

What about a movie about the comedian..."Red Skelton"?

IMG_2252-770x574.jpg

Lol talk about memory....

"The Soupy Sales Show" punned about him... a door to door salesman  tried to sell him a photo of a RED SKELETON and claimed it was Red "Skeleton" when he was young. :lol:

Yes, at the very least a TV movie about Red could have been made.

6 hours ago, Dargo said:

Don't be shy:

http://moviecollector.us/pics_to_hotlink_on_TCM/dargo-cargo.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Some more:

1. MY HEART TELLS ME. David Selznick registered this song title as a movie title in the 1940s, when studios and producers had to register titles to prevent films from having duplicate names. But Selznick never made a feature with this title, so it could still be used by someone. Sounds like it would be a tearjerker/melodrama. (There's a 1944 short film with this title, where a group known as The Three Suns perform Warren & Gordon's hit tune...but there's no plot...it's not a movie.)

2. THE SPY WORE RED. So far the story of Aline, Countess of Romanones, has not been turned into a movie. She wrote three books about her undercover adventures in WWII. This is the title of her first book. It could be a very good miniseries, with all three books adapted.

3. THE SKY IS BLACK. This could be a horror movie title.

4. PROHIBITED LOVE. Never used. 

5. LOST INVITATION. This title was used for a short film but never for a feature film. It has potential. Sounds like one of those Merchant-Ivory films.

3 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

:D

I always thought, if they made a 4th sequel of the "Oh,God" franchise starring GEORGE BURNS, that they should have called it:  OH, GOD!  Not AGAIN!?!"  ;) 

Sepiatone

If it was remade today, it would feature a younger character and it would be titled OH, MY, GOD! The sequel would be OH, MY, GOD! I DID IT AGAIN!

• Haha 1

These titles have never never used for a feature film (at least not by 2018):

FOOL'S MONEY
EXCLAMATION
DON'T LAUGH BUT I LOVE YOU
TWO WIVES
LISTEN UP, PEOPLE!
WHO IS THIS GUY AND WHY DID I GO HOME WITH HIM LAST NIGHT?
COOKIES AND ICE CREAM
VERY OLD DOGS
HEART STEALER
DONALD KANE
WE THOUGHT OF A TITLE BUT IT WAS BORING
EASTER CANDY
THE CHARLES DARWIN STORY
MILLIONS OF REASONS
NO FINGERPRINTS
THE MESSENGER IS DEAD
CRAZY CRAZY
SHOULD I BELIEVE MY HEART?
THE EXPENSIVE SOULMATE
THE KILLER WHO CAME TO DINNER

You get the idea.

20 minutes ago, Spritz Nipper said:

Revenge Of The Thin Man
The Thin Man Strikes Back
Attack Of The Thin Man
The Thin Man Begins
The Thin Man Rises
The Thin Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

I love those!

Here are some more for my franchise. These will hit screens in the next decade:

TOPBILLED FORWARD TO THE PAST. In this one I time travel with Michael J. Fox.

TOPBILLED IS THAT YOU? I have amnesia and spend half the picture thinking I'm Bottombilled.

TOPBILLED'S CHRISTMAS CAROL. I play Scrooge.

TOPBILLED UNDERWATER. I get to use snorkeling gear and wear Speedos.

WEEKEND AT TOPBLLED'S. I play a corpse that gets dragged around for 90 minutes by Dargo.

TOPBILLED'S MURDER MYSTERY. I spoof Sherlock Holmes but in a grisly twist, while investigating, I discover that I am actually the murderer.

TOPBILLED GOES TO THE WHITE HOUSE. I beat Trump in the next election. This is my biggest blockbuster yet.

• Haha 1

THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE OF PEYTON PLACE. Constance McKenzie uses billboard ads to shame the father of the town rake, Rodney Harrington.

PILLOW TALK IN THE AFTERNOON. A much younger woman is smooth-talked by an older man at early bird specials so he can get home by evening.  

and of course.... 

HOW TO MARRY TOPBILLED. Three schemers do their darndest to land our hero.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings