Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie Poster Libel

Arrowsmith

8 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

Maybe ... and get rid of Nancy Olson and replace her with Sylva Koscina ... now we're talking

YEAH! And maybe throw in that other Latin h-ottie Sylvia Lopez while we're at it too!

bd27fceb7d638bbd381fa7524c7fa5a9.jpg

(...geeez, once again I can't believe this word filter around here doesn't even like a word as innocuous as "h-ottie")

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spritz Nipper said:

Edit: Wow, I didn't believe you, but sure enough, it's censored. lol

Uh-huh, SEE?! Now THIS should teach you to believe EVERYTHING I ever say around here! ;)

LOL

2 hours ago, Dargo said:

YEAH! And maybe throw in that other Latin h-ottie Sylvia Lopez while we're at it too!

bd27fceb7d638bbd381fa7524c7fa5a9.jpg

Sylvia Lopez was a real stunner, except for those "Kim Novak in Vertigo" eyebrows. The poor lady died from leukemia at 26.

• Sad 1

Hmmm...now I suppose this might look a BIT like Big Duke here, although I'm also seeing a bit of Joseph Cotten here, but there's no way that this looks anything like Maureen O'Hara...

54ce6a7035c92c94805899c901940e59.jpg

(...now I know she's reminding me of somebody else, but I can't quite place who that might be...any idea here, folks?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scsu1975 said:

Sylvia Lopez was a real stunner, except for those "Kim Novak in Vertigo" eyebrows. The poor lady died from leukemia at 26.

Yeah, that's quite sad, alright. However, whaddaya talkin' with that "except for those "Kim Novak" in Vertigo eyebrows" thing here, Rich?

(...ya see, I've always found those highly arched eyebrows like that pretty darn sexy)

57 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Hmmm...now I suppose this might look a BIT like Big Duke here, although I'm also seeing a bit of Joseph Cotten here, but there's no way that this looks anything like Maureen O'Hara...

(...now I know she's reminding me of somebody else, but I can't quite place who that might be...any idea here, folks?)

Yes. Harry Carey Jr.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Yeah, that's quite sad, alright. However, whaddaya talkin' with that "except for those "Kim Novak" in Vertigo eyebrows" thing here, Rich?

(...ya see, I've always found those highly arched eyebrows like that pretty darn sexy)

Not her "Judy" incarnation. Too much of a vampire look.

1 minute ago, scsu1975 said:

Not her "Judy" incarnation. Too much of a vampire look.

So, in essence it's kind'a like you're saying you would also think Cassandra Peterson is hotter as herself than she is when she's all dressed up as her alter-ego Elvira then, right?!

(...well, while I suppose Cassandra is a pleasant enough looking woman, and call me "kinky" here if ya want, but I have to admit, ahem, "my heart's on fire" a little more when she's Elvira) ;)

24 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

Yes. Harry Carey Jr.

LOL

Good one!

But actually Rich, the more I look at that Rio Grande poster, the more I think "Maureen" there is lookin' like Lauren Bacall to me.

(...you remember Bacall, don't ya?!...yeah, that sexy woman with those highly arched eyebrows) ;)

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

I don't recall O'Hara not having red hair in her films, except I guess for her black & white films, as I cannot say for certain what color her hair was at the time.  Looking at the blonde woman in the poster, she somewhat reminds me of a pre-nun Dolores Hart.

9 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I don't recall O'Hara not having red hair in her films, except I guess for her black & white films, as I cannot say for certain what color her hair was at the time.  Looking at the blonde woman in the poster, she somewhat reminds me of a pre-nun Dolores Hart.

Yeah, I think I can kind'a see that, Speedy.

Here's a shot of Dolores that might help your case here...

dolores-hart-1957.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dargo said:

So, in essence it's kind'a like you're saying you would also think Cassandra Peterson is hotter as herself than she is when she's all dressed up as her alter-ego Elvira then, right?!

(...well, while I suppose Cassandra is a pleasant enough looking woman, and call me "kinky" here if ya want, but I have to admit, ahem, "my heart's on fire" a little more when she's Elvira) ;)

You're kinky.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dargo said:

I'm seeing Claire Trevor.

On 10/2/2018 at 6:44 PM, Dargo said:

Well at first she reminded me of Ann Revere because of the long face, but also a little bit like Ginger with an afro?

• Haha 1