Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*Clint has new film THE MULE out in December

Some like Jakeem may have written something of this on here already, but new from Variety & others has 88yr old 4 time *Academy Award winner *Clint Eastwood-(l930-) coming out early December titled THE MULE  Surprisingly-(besides him being a robot & keep[s on going) is that he stars again & specifically recall him swearing GRAN TORINO would be his grand finale in front of the camera?

He kept his word-(don't get me wrong, I love *Eastwood in his films, but after one of all-time greatest Westerns in 1992 4 time *Oscar sweeping *UNFORGIVEN (made $102m.) he outright said he'd never make another Western & hasn't in the 26yrs since.

Early, early, word already has *Oscar buzz for this film I think set in WW2?

THANX

While Clint has kept right on directing, this will be his first acting role in six years. He last appeared in The Trouble with the Curve in 2012, an increasingly rare example of him acting in a film he didn't direct. I will definitely go see this movie. There's been a lot of hoopla about what Robert Redford has said is going to be his final acting appearance. Since it certainly seems possible this might be Eastwood's as well, I will definitely check it out.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, hamradio said:

Thought it was another Jackass movie. ;):P

;)

Nah, ham. Clint would never make one of THOSE movies.

You see, Clint not only believes in that saying he made so popular decades ago, "A man's got to know his limitations", but ALSO has taken to heart another old saying that seems to be so forgotten now days.

And that would be THIS one: "A man's got to exhibit at least a modicum level of decent behavior."

(...SEE?!...told ya this one seems so forgotten now days, didn't I?!...yep, especially forgotten it seems in and around the Washington D.C. area of late) ;)

LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

While Clint has kept right on directing, this will be his first acting role in six years. He last appeared in The Trouble with the Curve in 2012, an increasingly rare example of him acting in a film he didn't direct. I will definitely go see this movie. There's been a lot of hoopla about what Robert Redford has said is going to be his final acting appearance. Since it certainly seems possible this might be Eastwood's as well, I will definitely check it out.

Of course he could live to be 105 and make three more films. 

• Haha 1
Just now, laffite said:

I was going to make a bad joke about mule could mean. What is worth a third mean?

I took your post to mean that this news about Clint's newest effort wasn't even worth a third period, since they usually come in three's in an ellipsis, and you only left two. It was a comment made in jest on my part that apparently didn't work. I regret any confusion my failure may have engendered. 

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

I took your post to mean that this news about Clint's newest effort wasn't even worth a third period, since they usually come in three's in an ellipsis, and you only left two. It was a comment made in jest on my part that apparently didn't work. I regret any confusion my failure may have engendered. 

I didn't know to what you were referring at first (see Edit in my post). I had scrapped the idea of making my joke and and accidentally put two periods instead of the customary one only. I didn't get the joke and so I puzzled over what "third period" meant that it was an expression of which was unknown to me. The "No, I'm against that" was a barb that didn't mean anything at all, just an impulse. Everything's good. 

16 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I love how the title of this thread only mentions the star's first name and yet we all knew it meant Eastwood.

He's up there with Lana, Clark and Bette. He's so well-known, such a legend, only a first name is needed.

True but Clint isn't exactly the most popular name either. :lol: 

45 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I love how the title of this thread only mentions the star's first name and yet we all knew it meant Eastwood.

He's up there with Lana, Clark and Bette. He's so well-known, such a legend, only a first name is needed.

You mean it couldn't have been about Clint Howard???

Clint Howard at an event for Cinderella Man (2005)

Yeah, well...

It COULD have been about a film Clint Walker just wrapped up shortly before his death this past May, or even a new movie with country singer CLINT BLACK, but NOT about a horse this time ( that FLICKA trilogy).

But we get your point.  ;)

And who knows.  maybe in THIS Eastwood film, HE gets shot by THE OLD MAN & THE GUN! :o B)

Sepiatone

8 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Yeah, well...

It COULD have been about a film Clint Walker just wrapped up shortly before his death this past May, or even a new movie with country singer CLINT BLACK, but NOT about a horse this time ( that FLICKA trilogy).

But we get your point.  ;)

And who knows.  maybe in THIS Eastwood film, HE gets shot by THE OLD MAN & THE GUN! :o B)

Sepiatone

Spence likes to focus on Oscar buzz. Most of the other Clints are not known for making films that generate Oscar buzz. So obviously when Spence says Clint we jump to attention because he's talking about Mr. Eastwood. :) 

• Haha 1

And notice Spence's screen name doesn't even have to mention Tracy or include the 'R' in Spencer. We know what Spence means. 

It's Hollywood shorthand. But it can only be done with household names.

Of course we could vary it and add "baby." Like Clint baby, or Spence baby, or Lana baby.

It occurs to me Clint Eastwood has become like John Huston in the sense he produces, directs, stars in and features a role for his daughter in his later films. Of course Huston was more of a writer and Eastwood is more of a lead actor than Huston was but you get the idea. We've come to expect things from the Eastwood dynasty the way we did with the Huston dynasty.

Agree? Or am I trying too hard to make a connection here?