Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ClassicMovies_fan_chick

Halloween on TCM

Seeing on how Halloween is coming up and TCM will be showing some classic Horror films which I'm not too familiar with:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3521003/heres-turner-classic-movies-halloween-programming-schedule-october-2018/

I'm excited to see the classic Christopher Lee Dracula and Abbott and Costello encounter with the Mummy. 

Which films are you excited to see on Halloween month on TCM?

I love the Carry On films and am looking forward to seeing Carry On Screaming, which I have never seen. Of those films that I have seen, I always enjoy seeing the early Mummy follow-ups (Hand, Ghost, Curse) and Horror Hotel (City of the Dead).

Films on the calendar which I do not like are the stodgy Hammer remakes of Universal classics; and Night of the Living Dead, one of my least favorite horror films.

maxresdefault.jpg

Fenella Fielding, who died a couple of weeks ago, with Kenneth Williams in Carry On Screaming.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The only horror I really like are the classic Universal horror films like Frankenstein; the B-movie type horror like Creature of the Black Lagoon and campy horror like Vincent Price films.

I'm looking forward to Vincent Price night on Halloween night.  Great films to watch while handing out candy to the kiddos. The film I'm most looking forward to is House of Wax.  

I'll have to review the October schedule more closely so I can see who is in the film.  The cast usually is a deciding factor for me when deciding to record a film. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ClassicMovies_fan_chick said:

Seeing on how Halloween is coming up and TCM will be showing some classic Horror films which I'm not too familiar with:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3521003/heres-turner-classic-movies-halloween-programming-schedule-october-2018/

I'm excited to see the classic Christopher Lee Dracula and Abbott and Costello encounter with the Mummy. 

Which films are you excited to see on Halloween month on TCM?

They are showing many classics and really great not so famous films, but I heartily recommend to anyone who has not seen it, Tod Browning's film "The Unknown" with Lon Chaney, as Alonzo and Joan Crawford as his potential paramour, Estrelita.

Such perversity, mutilation fantasies and morbid situations, have not been duplicated since its release. 

Truly so full of horror it cannot be forgotten once seen.

• Thanks 2

Since I've already exhausted the classic Universal horror titles, I do enjoy some of the Hammers. Last year I was surprised how much I enjoyed the old HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS movie on TCM-I was completely unfamiliar with the TV series.

This year I'm looking forward to all the Dead End Kids B movies.  TCM is showing ones I don't have on DVD. They're silly, but I like 'em.

I never get enough of George Romero's "Night of the Living Dead," which was released on October 1, 1968. It was a groundbreaking and influential horror film. Last time I looked, AMC still had two popular drama series about the zombie apocalypse.

Related image

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I would like to check out "The Nanny" again. Bette Davis gives an understated performance. I remember not liking it too much the first time I saw it, because the little boy (played by William Dix) was such an obnoxious brat. Since I know the ending I would like to see if my opinion changes.

tcm's Halloween offerings will suck because they will be the same ole often repeated fare and many here I'm sure are getting tired of their stasis coffer of selections...

now if I were their programmer:D Halloween night, my choice would be CBS's unforgettable Salem's Lot, the whole uncut unabridged 3-hour miniseries.

but you see, tcm are slackers.

:)