Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fantasy Collaborations

Arrowsmith

What are some collaborations that you wish would have happened, but never did?

Some of mine:
Richard Widmark and Myrna Loy. It would be cool to have my favorite actress and actor in the same film.
Richard Widmark and Tony Curtis. I can picture them in a western with no-nonsense Widmark forced to team up with conniving swindler Curtis to track down an outlaw. Something like that.
Howard Hawks and Bette Davis. Hawks' comedy pacing with Bette Davis dialed up to 11 would be insane.

I'm sure I'll think of more later. Sorry if this thread already exists, I didn't see one.

5 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I wish Barbara Stanwyck had done a picture with Robert Mitchum. Maybe two-- one noir and one western.

I don't know why they were never paired on screen together.

Mitchum would have been good in MacMurray's role in Double Indemnity.

Some years back, I was watching Jeopardy!, and one of the categories was "Latin Actresses".  They get to the bottom of the board, and the clue is, "Born Marguerite Cansino, she danced with Fred Astaire in You Were Never Lovelier."

One of the contestants rang in and responded... "Who is Carmen Miranda?" :lol:

Miranda was certainly from Latin America, she did musicals, and she was around at the same time as Fred Astaire, but they never worked together as far as I could find.  That's a pairing I'd have been interested to see.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fedya said:

Some years back, I was watching Jeopardy!, and one of the categories was "Latin Actresses".  They get to the bottom of the board, and the clue is, "Born Marguerite Cansino, she danced with Fred Astaire in You Were Never Lovelier."

For us film buffs that would be a $100 question. For $500, we would need something more challenging!

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings