Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The "Secret" Hidden Celebrity Cemetery

MovieMadness

While you're at it, here's something I came across and started to watch a while back.  A guy in Hollywood with a Youtube channel named "Daze With Jordan The Lion".  Hundreds of videos.  In each episode he feeds his dog, thinks up a topic interesting enough to vlog on, and then heads out to document relevant landmarks, remaining structures and markers.  I've had fun watching his videos and watching someone else who is fascinated with this kind of stuff.  More recently it looks like he has been getting out to see some other parts of the world too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMC9R6OigawtoVTG_qHFMoQ/videos

AN66SAzciBl1QMhatCYkgxLsJQzrWi8HSThGQLJc

• Thanks 1

I've been to this cemetery. No, definitely not easy to find.

It's quite interesting to say the least. I always tell out of town visitors, "I'm going to take you to a place where you'll be within six feet of some of the most well known people in the world."

I'm guessing Marilyn Monroe is the most famous person interred there.  Armand Hammer is definitely the wealthiest man in that cemetery! Saddest is little Heather O'Rourke from the Poltergeist movies.  Coolest dude - Dean Martin. Two best headstones - "Jack Lemmon in" and Rodney Dangerfield - "There goes the neighborhood". Coolest marker - Don Knotts. It has depictions of some his well know roles.

The first time I was there a bunch of people where having a picnic "on" Natalie Wood.

If only those stones could talk!

Ah, MovieCollector OH, I can't stand the Lion videos. Way too self indulgent: I'm just not interested in his dog or what he had for dinner.

That cemetery isn't "hidden", anyone who knows anything about visiting cemeteries or movie stars knows about it.

I recommend HOLLYWOOD GRAVEYARD videos for a professional visit of all the Hollywood & vicinity cemeteries, and I'm a taphophile. I particularly like that along with the memorial, he shows posters, photos & sometimes examples of the departed's best known work.

He's done 4 episodes of Westwood, he's pretty thorough. Hollywood Graveyard will often show the gravesite of Hollywood non-stars like screenwriters, stunt people, make up artists and doesn't forget silent screen stars classic movie fans likes us are familiar with.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings