Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This Month On TCM highlight ad - What Film Is This?

Sonatine

Thematically there are a lot of horror films in the "This Month" advertisements currently airing on TCM to promote the October 2018 films. Here's the ad on YouTube. I did a screen capture of two of the images that flash by as I am trying to figure out what films they are from. One I was able to do a reverse Google Image search on and found it was Faust (1929), but the other is still eluding me. It's a pair of eyes that look from one side of the screen to the other. My brother suggested it might be from Kwaidan. It appears at the 1:09 spot in the YouTube ad and I've included the screen shot below. Any help would be much appreciated! 

eyes.jpg

6 hours ago, slaytonf said:

That would be my guess, except it's not on this month.  My only other suggestion would be The Face of Fu Manchu (1965).  

Hmm, the Christopher Lee one? Maybe so, I started watching it a bit the other day and thought the film quality didn't quite match the screen shot so decided against it, but you might be right! Thank you!

3 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

It could be "the Strange Life of Dr. Frankenstein" from 2018 which is premiering on October 22nd. Yeah, I know not a good guess but the film looks too recent to be anything else from this month. :unsure: 

Thank you Gershwin, that was my feeling too, it looks awfully recent. I appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings