Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Age idiosynracy thread

skimpole

You would think there's been a thread on characters being clearly the wrong age, for example Jesse Royce Landis and Cary Grant in North by Northwest and Angela Lansbury and Laurence Harvey in The Manchurian Candidate being mother and son, despite being only born a couple of years apart.  Can anyone remember where that thread went?

10 hours ago, skimpole said:

You would think there's been a thread on characters being clearly the wrong age, for example Jesse Royce Landis and Cary Grant in North by Northwest and Angela Lansbury and Laurence Harvey in The Manchurian Candidate being mother and son, despite being only a couple of years apart.  Can anyone remember where that thread went?

There has been this discussion (a few times,  with Audrey Hepburn and her much older male co-stars being included as well),   but I can't recall if this was a separate thread or just part of a broader topic thread.    

I do recall that someone posted a picture of Royce and Grant in an elevator from NBN.

11 hours ago, skimpole said:

You would think there's been a thread on characters being clearly the wrong age, for example Jesse Royce Landis and Cary Grant in North by Northwest and Angela Lansbury and Laurence Harvey in The Manchurian Candidate being mother and son, despite being only a couple of years apart.  Can anyone remember where that thread went?

Here's one:

http://forums.tcm.com/topic/112282-age-does-not-matter-in-hollywood/?tab=comments#comment-1355372

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sonatine said:

"The Graduate" was on TCM this weekend with Ann Bancroft (Mrs. Robinson) being only 6 years older than Dustin Hoffman when I think there was supposed to likely be at least 25-30 years between their characters.  

Also Anne was only 9 years older than her on-screen daughter Katherine Ross.  

Regardless Anne nailed the role.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings