Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

cry of the werewolf (1944)

NipkowDisc

a horrible film with nina foch as a female werewolf. I know I sat through this when I was younger. svengoolie oughta make some effort to avoid showing crud like this. like in the beginning john abbott (sesmar from lost in space) is giving us a tour of this occult museum in new orleans. we see a very elaborate mock-up of a vampire's coffin which itself is better than the film. :lol: actor stephen crane's best acting moments are creeping around the lower basement of a building looking for records of a devil-worshipping gypsy tribe who's princess played by nina foch likes to change into a german shepherd. this scene of the dog repeated several times throughout is really dumb. it's supposed to be a crying werewolf?....it's just a dog who looks like he's chewing on a milkbone because of a rubber band around his muzzle. I was petrified!:lol: and what does a gypsy tribe get out of worshipping a female werewolf? and what a waste of Barton MacLane's great pugnacious acting persona. svengoolie deserves to be called a fat dumb zombie with a hat for showing such awful crud.

• Like 1

Yeah, i saw this one on Svengoolie too and was disappointed. Too much of the film was just people walking around and nothing happening. When the werewolf does show up it's just a dog and there's no transformation scene. Lame.

I sort of liked it. It hasn't got the action of some other horror films, but I found enough to enjoy. However, I thought it was going to be like She-Wolf of London, meaning I thought that Nina Foch was just being brainwashed by Blanche Yurka; and that Blanche Yurka would be the werewolf. But no.

Sven never did make a promise to only show "top shelf" horror fare.  A large part of his show's charm is that he doesn't.  To complain some movie he shows falls short of anyone's expectations of quality fare is kinda dumb.  Like complaining that Lawrence Welk never played enough Beatles tunes.  Or more accurate.......

Complaining that comedian NORM CROSBY used poor grammar.  ;) 

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings