Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who posted THE MUSIC BOX as all-time pefect movie???

spence

Again, who is the fellow TCM-ITE who posted/wrote that L & H's perfecto 1932 THE MUSIC BOX (Hal Roach/UA) was thee perfect & greatest Hollywood Movie???

Please reply or someone tip me to that also "PERFECT POST?"

& TO ALL OTHERS, DO YOU AGREE & ORE WHAT ARE YOUR OWN CANDIDATES FOR "THE ALL-TIME PERFECT PICTURE?'

Though it's not my own fav. motion picture, I'd have to vote for *"CASABLANCA" & as Leonard Maltin always wrote in his books-(which I first got annually since 1988 to his last) & he once wrote me from ET which he was then on reviuewing new films 0 to 10 & listed his top ten fav. films & it was his A #1 & in the books he called *"CASABLANCA" was the perfect Studio-System Essemby Line Film when Everything Gels" unquote

7 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

THANX FOR THE FAT TIP PAL!   Do you have any runners-up?  A lot of the all-time greatest comedy teams-(on the Silver-Screen anyway shorts were shot just outside  CULVER STUDIOS on ATLANTIC AVENUE, also where many HAROLD LLOYD FILMS WERE DONE & OR GANG.

Unfortunately & if interested in it's history, there are no tours at CULVER STUDIOS? They still film inside-(I WROTE A COUPLE ARTICLES ON IT)  All bona fide cinephiles can view from it';s gates now is the huge faced of the white mansion from *GWTW & DUEL IN THE SUN-(same mansion)  I never even knew it was just done the road& make a studio of most important OLD TINSELTOWN PLACES TO SEE, IF NOT GONE,etc-(like M-G-M, just down the road & now of course sadly SONY? I went on that tour as well & all that is mostly left thanks to KIRKORIAN IN '69 IS 40 ACRES REDUCED FROM OVER 200 IN IT"S MT. SUMMIT???  Are the Writers Bungalows, *THALBERG BLDG & THE HAVE A FEW NAMES ON OBSCURE LITTLE BVUILDINGS THERE W/*"THE GREAT: SPENCER TRACY" *KATE, *GABLE, JUDY & MICKEY. But when there in 05-(my 3rd & likely final trip, due to finances, sadly) I think only the *"KING OF HOLLYWOOD: CLARK GABLE'S" WAS THEN LEFT?  BEST TOUR IN HOLLYWOOD, WARNER'S VIP TOUR-(superb 7 especially it's museum, though I went there in Nov. of 1999 & now if you punch it in most of the once OLD TINSEL-TOWN MEMORABELIA-(& they had little monitors & you could punch in say "P. ENEMY": "L. CAESAR" & more) JUST SOME OIF THEN THERE WAS NATALIE'S COTHES FROM "G. RACE" "GYPSEY" "REBEL..." & I talked to 2 old men, one of which knew EDWARD G.

(CHECK OTV 2 SITES FOR MORE ON CULVER STUDIOS & THERE IS A BOOK TOO>seeingstars.com-(A MUST SAVE WEBSITE) & culver studios.com0

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU LIKE INFO I INCLUDED?

Thanks for all the info, Spence.  I have to admit I'm not big a nut about what goes on outside of the movies themselves.  But I do remember going on a tour of Universal Studios--before it became an amusement park.  And I went on a tour of the Fox lot before it became the Wilshire district.  The Hello, Dolly (1969) sets were still in good shape.

• Like 1

All I know is that over the years another staircase was put in right next to the one used in THE MUSIC BOX, and that the one in the flick is blocked off a short way up.  But essentially, it's still basically there.  And, I must say, a sight high on my bucket list.  ;)

Sepiatone

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings