Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eight on the Lam 1967 ???

JeanneCrain

6 minutes ago, JeanneCrain said:

Confused, this morning expected to see per schedule "Eight on the Lam 1967" instead "Our Miss Brooks 1956" aired. ?

Can anyone explain? ?

Disappointed

Maybe they decided Eve Arden was worth including in the Funny Ladies spotlight instead of Phyllis Diller.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JeanneCrain said:

Was merely seeking Hope...?

...as in Bob "Hope" to be in the spotlight of my funny - just looking at Bobby tickles me's funny-bone. ?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the spotlight-- which is meant to celebrate women in comedy, not men in comedy?

Was unaware the comedy genre was "spotlighting" gender (women) segregation - hail to the conquering heroes of the "me too" crowd! ?

Regardless of gender, enjoy watching comedy classics such as 5th Avenue Girl and Fun on a Week-End, which include men & women in comedy roles...?

Regardless of critics and audiences "at the time" - I haven't seen "Eight on the Lam" while its rerun replacement "Our Miss Brooks" fails to tickle my funny-bone...which doesn't explain why "Eight on the Lam" was booted from the schedule without a future airing date. ?

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, JeanneCrain said:

Was unaware the comedy genre was "spotlighting" gender (women) segregation - hail to the conquering heroes of the "me too" crowd! ?

Regardless of gender, enjoy watching comedy classics such as 5th Avenue Girl and Fun on a Week-End, which include men & women in comedy roles...?

Regardless of critics and audiences "at the time" - I haven't seen "Eight on the Lam" while its rerun replacement "Our Miss Brooks" fails to tickle my funny-bone...which doesn't explain why "Eight on the Lam" was booted from the schedule without a future airing date.

I think you missed the point of what I was saying in my previous comment. It would be like taking a film meant to spotlight Bob Hope's comedy and talking up his costar Dorothy Lamour, failing to see why it was on the schedule in the first place. TCM often airs films by themes, so we can appreciate certain trends or aspects of movie making. It's not always a political thing. 

I don't see how spotlighting female comics has anything to do with #MeToo. 

As for why EIGHT ON THE LAM was pulled, it could be any number of reasons. Budget. The title's availability. Or maybe TCM's programmers decided to save it for a theme in January.

So did everyone catch it this morning?

It was on too early for me, so I taped it. Can't wait to watch it tonight!

Like Rick Moranis, as Woody Allen, says in the SCTV movie "Play It Again, Bob" - Hope is the king; the destroyer - there's no comeback in the world for Hope.

6 hours ago, darkblue said:

So did everyone catch it this morning?

It was on too early for me, so I taped it. Can't wait to watch it tonight!

Like Rick Moranis, as Woody Allen, says in the SCTV movie "Play It Again, Bob" - Hope is the king; the destroyer - there's no comeback in the world for Hope.

I've confirmed that it successfully recorded this time.  I will be watching it later on too.  :D

Thanks again to alleybj.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings